UBS Financial Services Sybase Database Administrator in Zürich, Switzerland
Sybase Database Administrator
Switzerland - Zürich
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #:
Are you an experienced and strong Sybase production support dba, with good troubleshooting skills?
Are you a team player, interested in joining a global high level database team (Level 3), that supports Sybase/Microsoft SQL Server database products/platforms, in an enterprise scale organization?
We are looking for someone like you who will:
– design and implement complex changes
– troubleshoot and solve incidents
– act as Problem Manager
– monitor and analyze Sybase performance issues
– work with numerous technical teams to improve core infrastructure
– provide DBA Support for application development and production support teams
– ensure compliance with operational / change management guidelines
The MS-SQL/Sybase Level 3 DBA team is spread across the globe in numerous regions. It is a team of highly skilled and experienced technicians. We have an excellent track record of solving incidents and problems. Our team has extensive performance tuning skills down to a SQL code level. We take ownership until the database issue is solved.
– proficiency with Sybase DBA tasks as well as with SQL commands to develop stored procedures and triggers
– general understanding of technology stack: 3-5 years experience with Linux, SRDF, storage, backup (preferably CommVault), monitoring, auditing and scripting.
– minimum of 3-5 years experience with Sybase replication: classic, warm standby and MSA
– Sybase installations, upgrades, troubleshooting
– experience Sybase IQ is an advantage
– experience in large enterprise organization, supporting of hundreds of servers is an advantage
– experience with Sybase performance tuning
– experience Microsoft SQL Server Versions 2012-2016 is an advantage
– scripting and automation experience is an advantage
– full understanding of RFS, Incident and change management service delivery principles ITIL
– a strong communicator, fluent in English
– flexible, open-minded, team worker, with a friendly and pleasant personality
– self-driven, able to work under pressure (deadlines)
– very strong interpersonal and communication skills and experience, holding a demanding client-facing role
– ability to manage, prioritize and solve problems quickly and completely
– willing to work occasionally in nonstandard working hours (nights or weekends)
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.