UBS Financial Services Senior DB Developer in Zürich, Switzerland
Do you enjoy solving problems? Do you have a curious nature, always interested in how to innovate? We’re looking for someone like that who can:
– contribute to the design, implementation and integration of a set of applications
– liaise with Business Analysts to support the requirements engineering process as well as conduct effort estimates for the respective project's engineering, testing and integration tasks
– act as primary contact to our partners in architecture and project management
– collaborate with cross-functional teams to work towards global IT solutions
– analyze errors in systems and define corrective measures (you’ve got a good eye)
– provide maintenance and 3rd level support
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You'll be working in the Records and Documents Management IT (RDM IT) team in Zürich, Switzerland as part of the organization that is managing the memory of our bank: Not only are we maintaining 40+ archives around the globe, we are also responsible for the scanning and capturing solutions of the bank and we maintain more than 6'000 official forms of UBS. We are a truly global, diverse and multicultural organization, which we regard to be one of our strengths. You will be working with colleagues that are distributed around the globe on complex and challenging solutions and projects that are using top notch technologies.
– Oracle (SQL, PL/SQL) product expertise
– Oracle DBA experience
– Perl and Shell scripting experience
– experience with data management and data migration
Preferably you also have:
– Unix (Solaris, Linux) system engineering skills, incl. packaging and configuration management
– experience with archive solutions – e.g. OpenText (CS, LEA, LES and OAS), IBM CMOD, etc.
– knowledge of IT Security (authentication, authorization, cryptography, certificate management)
– knowledge of Windows environment management (server as well as workstation)
– know-how with Java/J2EE, incl. EJB and Struts
– analytical and logical
– eager to learn new technologies
– aware of security-related risk in large infrastructure environments
– able to communicate to and influence stakeholders
– fluent in English, both written and spoken
– preferably fluent in German
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 167686BR
Business Divisions: Corporate Center
Title: Senior DB Developer
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: Switzerland - Zürich
Function Category: Information Technology (IT)