Kelly Services Marketing & Events Manager in Worcester, Massachusetts
Kelly has an exciting opportunity for a M arketing & Events Manager for one of our great clients in the Hospitality industry in Worcester, MA . This is a Direct Hire role with a starting salary of $45,000 - $60,000 based on experience, a commission structure, and an excellent total benefits package. In this position you will drive sales both by increasing foot traffic to multiple establishments and selling and coordinating catering and events. Reporting to the General Manager, the ideal candidate will have an outgoing personality and a sales driven mentality – this is truly a “boots on the ground” position which may require attending community events and variable hours. Hospitality experience and knowledge of the restaurant / bar industry in Worcester is a big plus – this role could be a great launching point to amazing career growth!
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Develop and solicit business from all markets to ensure the necessary advance bookings needed for a successful and profitable operation for the company
• Work with General Manager through effective oral and written communication while overseeing rate, date, and space commitments for group room sales within the hospitality group
• Compile and deliver reports pertaining to the operation of sales and marketing efforts
• Engage with local community outreach programs to promote offerings and event potential
• Promote the company through social media and marketing events
• Give tours of the facilities and discuss booking logistics, room options, and menus with potential clients
• Prepare sales proposals to prospective clients and execute proposals into sales by confirming venue event details and cost
• Meet weekly with the Food and Beverage team to review upcoming events
• Coordinate with the Kitchen Manager and Culinary Director any revisions and updates of the Catering Menu on a regular basis reflecting culinary trends and member/client needs
• Responsible for ensuring that all events and meetings are correctly set up in calendar daily
• Collaborate with General Manager on floor plans and staffing levels for weekly and monthly events
Skills and Requirements:
• Minimum 3 years of sales experience required
• Valid Driver’s License and local travel around Worcester required
• Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality, Business, or Food Science is a big plus
• Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills to include verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, and ability to communicate at all levels in the organization
• Strong sales aptitude from client persuasion to cold calling with timely follow up skills
• Highly organized, detail oriented, strong analytical skills, and the ability to work independently
• Strong knowledge of Toast preferred and proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite required
• Knowledge of basic accounting principles
Apply today or contact Mark Tower with your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. Let’s get to work!
Get a complete career fit with Kelly ® .
You’re looking to keep your career moving onward and upward, and we’re here to help you do just that. Our staffing experts connect you with top companies for opportunities where you can learn, grow, and thrive. Jobs that fit your skills and experience, and most importantly, fit right on your path of where you want to go in your career.
About Kelly ®
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits ?). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly Services is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We welcome, value, and embrace diversity at all levels and are committed to building a team that is inclusive of a variety of backgrounds, communities, perspectives, and abilities. At Kelly, we believe that the more inclusive we are, the better services we can provide. Requests for accommodation related to our application process can be directed to Kelly’s Human Resource Knowledge Center. Kelly complies with the requirements of California’s state and local Fair Chance laws. A conviction does not automatically bar individuals from employment.