Navy Federal Credit Union ISD Developer III-Java-Digital Payments in Winchester, Virginia
Digital Payments is seeking a mid-level Java developer to contribute to the design, development, delivery, and maintenance of Money Movement products within the Core Payments portfolio including ACH, Wires, Cashier Checks, Western Union, and other integrated systems and applications. This role with collaborate with a variety of teams across the enterprise including architecture, product, platform, and business aligned to deliver on enterprise strategy and business initiatives.
• Analyze, define, and document requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, infrastructure, system integration, internal and external controls.
• Design, develop, and deliver products and features including applications, services, APIs, data stores, etc.
• Develop and maintain documentation regarding architecture and design, process flows, configurations, operations, support and troubleshooting procedures.
• Maintain product backlog work items including features, stories, enablers, stories, tasks, bugs, etc.
• Compliance with secure coding practices including Threat Analysis & Modeling, Software Composition Analysis, Static Application Security Testing.
• Actively participate in cloud infrastructure design and architecture discussions.
• Adopt use of Continuous Integration & Delivery practices and tools.
• Conduct peer design and code reviews; provide guidance and direction on design and development practices.
• Prepare test data, conduct unit testing, and support performance testing.
• Identify technical impediments in design, development, operations and determine corrective action.
• Identify opportunities to mitigate risk and ensure compliance with nonfunctional requirements.
• Maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot systems and applications post-implementation.
• Conduct research and analysis; make recommendations.
• Research emerging technologies, tools, practices and recommend solutions that align with technology and business goals.
• Troubleshoot and resolve issues, work across teams to deliver solutions, provide technical support and consultation.
• Contribute to incident and problem root cause analysis.
• Follow agile methodology for product development and delivery.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, related degree, or the equivalent combination of training, education, and experience.
• Experience and knowledge of software development practices including developing, testing, debugging, and implementing distributed applications and systems.
• Experience with object-oriented programming languages with specific emphasis on Java.
• Experience with Java Enterprise Edition (J2EE/JEE), Spring Framework, and Hibernate.
• Experience with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and Enterprise Service Bus (ESB).
• Experience with web service, Spring Boot microservice, API development including REST and SOAP architecture patterns.
• Experience with relational and non-relational database platforms.
• Experience with developing and deploying applications and services to cloud platforms (e.g., Azure).
• Experience with DevOps and Continuous Integration & Delivery practices and tools.
• Knowledge and experience with the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
• Experience with Agile product delivery practices (e.g., SAFe)
• Knowledge and experience with secure coding practices.
• Skilled in troubleshooting and resolving technical problems.
• Advanced research, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
• Advanced skill in systems, workflow, and procedural analysis.
• Advanced organizational, planning, and time management skills.
• Advanced verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to resolve conflicting requests and quickly adapt to changing requirements.
• Experience with IBM DataPower, IBM MQ, IBM Integration Bus (IIB), and IBM WebSphere.
• Experience with implementing APIs on the MuleSoft Anypoint Flex Gateway platform.
• Experience with Test-Driven / Behavior-Driven Development (TDD/BDD).
• Knowledge of financial/banking industry standards, regulations, and practices.
• Experience with core banking, digital payment technologies, and open banking standards and platforms.
• Knowledge of Navy Federal products, services, policies, and procedures.
• Certifications: Java SE/EE, Azure Developer
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00AM - 4:30PM
Location: 820 Follin Lane, Vienna, VA 22180 | 5550 Heritage Oaks Dr. Pensacola, FL 32526 | 141 Security Dr. Winchester, VA 22602
You have goals, dreams, hobbies, and things you're passionate about—what's important to you is important to us. We're looking for people who not only want to do meaningful, challenging work, keep their skills sharp and move ahead, but who also take time for the things that matter to them—friends, family, and passions. And we're looking for team members who are passionate about our mission—making a difference in military members' and their families' lives. Together, we can make it happen. Don't take our word for it:
• Military Times 2022 Best for Vets Employers
• WayUp Top 100 Internship Programs
• Forbes® 2022 The Best Employers for New Grads
• Fortune Best Workplaces for Women
• Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®
• Computerworld® Best Places to Work in IT
• Ripplematch Campus Forward Award - Excellence in Early Career Hiring
• Fortune Best Place to Work for Financial and Insurance Services
Equal Employment Opportunity: Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability
Disclaimers: Navy Federal reserves the right to fill this role at a higher/lower grade level based on business need. An assessment may be required to compete for this position. Job postings are subject to close early or extend out longer than the anticipated closing date at the hiring team’s discretion based on qualified applicant volume. Navy Federal Credit Union assesses market data to establish salary ranges that enable us to remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range, based on your experience, location and market position
Bank Secrecy Act: Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.