SMG Operations Crew PT in Wichita, Kansas
Under general supervision, performs work as needed to clean, maintain and prepare for events at the facility. Duties include skilled and semi-skilled tasks, which often require heavy lifting and a high degree of physical exertion.
- Participate in all aspects of the conversion process in preparation for events. Duties may include setting up and tearing down flooring, portable chairs, operable wall, barricades, staging, tables, hand railings, other furnishings and equipment as required.
- Perform varies duties to ensure the day-to-day operations of the facility are met. These include, but not limited to, loading/unloading delivery trucks, transporting trash and waste to proper disposal area and replenishing supplies
- Perform repairs and maintenance tasks such as painting, patching, re-lamping, replacing ceiling tile, replacing filters, etc.
- Assist building engineers and subcontractors in construction, repair and maintenance of the building.
- Report irregularities, discrepancies, safety or damage concerns or loss of property promptly to supervisor.
- Perform outdoor maintenance, as required including but not limited to snow removal, yard work, trash collection,
- Work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays, as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- One to three years related work experience
- Fork lift licenses a plus.
- Demonstrate knowledge of practices and procedures related to event set-up and conversions; typical methods and techniques for cleaning and maintaining the facility; and proper use and care of hand and power tools.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and a willingness to learn.
- Follow all policies/procedures, risk management, safety precautions, rules, regulations and emergency procedures established at the facility.
- Meet the physical demands of the job. Must perform strenuous physical duties at times, including lifting, carrying, moving and climbing.
- Operate equipment such as light trucks, pallet jacks, forklifts, boom lifts, Zamboni machine, scrubbing machines or other light power driven equipment.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with other in both oral and written form.
- Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
- Work independently, exercising judgment and initiative.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Be licensed and insured to operate a motor vehicle in the State of Kansas.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to walk extensively; occasionally required to kneel, climb to high walkways or balance. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
This position requires work inside and outside of the building and some exposure to adverse conditions.
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled