Actalent Distribution Designer in Wichita, Kansas
This position will provide distribution design for overhead and/or underground electric distribution systems from 4kV through 69kV. They will design activities, including quality reviews of the design, monitor and maintain project schedules, report changes that affect the schedule and budget, identify risks that may affect schedule and costs, and presenting opportunities to improve the design and construction of distribution projects. This designer will mentor lower level designers.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Design overhead and/or underground distribution facilities.
• Prepare design sketches, drawings, cost estimates, bills of material and any other required documents for construction.
• Apply client’s standards, guidelines, specifications, practices, procedures and industry standards in preparing the design of overhead and/or underground electric distribution facilities.
• Perform distribution system design calculations.
• Prepare and oversee preparation of design documents for construction, including plan and profiles, structure loadings, design details, trench and conduit drawings, and equipment specifications.
• Communicate with client and engineers on system requirements, identify Right of Way for proposed equipment.
• Acquire field data as necessary, work with field surveying to prepare appropriate design.
• Promote and perform quality reviews of design to ensure design quality, compliance with client design standards, safety requirements, and good industry practices
• Mentor less experienced designers
• Check and validate drawings for the project and the drawings of peers and subordinates
• Will be considered a “Subject Matter Expert” for Distribution Design
Education and Experience Requirements:
• Two or more years of experience in the design of electric utility distribution systems in consulting or utility environment responsible for delivery of design and construction packages
• Two or more years of experience of electrical design experience using Microstation or AutoCAD
• Two or more years of experience of a distribution design software or PLS-CADD/PLS-Pole
• Associate degree in applied science (AAS) in drafting and computer aided (CAD) design or in civil, electrical or mechanical engineering technology or equivalent experience and/or education
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.