UKG (Ultimate Kronos Group) Principal Architect - Java, Cloud. MA or FL in Weston, Florida
Principal Architect - Java, Cloud. MA or FL
Lowell - Massachusetts - USA, Weston - Florida - USA
Software & Product Development
Description & Requirements
This architecture role is a hands-on, leadership one combining technical expertise with complex, enterprise applications running in a cloud multi-tenant environment. You will be part of an architecture team responsible for overall system-wide resiliency, scalability, data strategy, and operational efficiency.
Your role as part of this team of architects will be to design, prototype, and collaborate with engineering teams to deliver infrastructure and architecture enhancements to our flagship enterprise cloud product. Such enhancements may include technology selection and implementation, Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) process and pattern development, delivery or operational improvements, and other system-level focused initiatives. You will also become involved in numerous other “special projects” as a technical leader and advisor – this role requires flexibility and will reward you with numerous and varied opportunities to contribute to the organization.
• Provide design and build expertise and guidance for globally distributed development teams on system-wide architecture enhancements
• Provide technical and implementation assessment on use of distributed services and fit for purpose
• Work independently or with supporting development resources to prototype new technologies and enhancements to the system-wide architecture
• Work with service owners to develop guidelines for best practices and tooling to enforce appropriate development and architecture practices
• Provide expert-level troubleshooting and design / development guidance to development teams facing complex architecture needs
In addition to Lowell, this role can be based out of our Weston FL office as well. We will be adopting a hybrid work schedule of 2-3 days/week remote with the rest of the week onsite.
• 10+ years in software engineering / architecture with an expert knowledge in at least one major public cloud provider
• Expert knowledge of Java, Scala, Groovy, or other JVM (Java Virtual Machine) language
• Expert knowledge of Spring Framework and similar common JVM (Java Virtual Machine) libraries
• Demonstrated experience working in complex, distributed, enterprise-scale development organization
• Working knowledge of typical CI/CD or DevOps pipelines and related tooling, such as Gradle, Jenkins, Maven, etc.
• Working knowledge of at least one scripting language, such as Python
• Working knowledge of at least one major relational database, such as PostgreSQL, Oracle, Aurora, etc.
• Working knowledge of at least one major non-relational database, such as MongoDB, Cassandra, Redis, Couchbase, DynamoDB, etc.
Here at UKG, Our Purpose Is People. UKG combines the strength and innovation of Ultimate Software and Kronos, uniting two award-winning, employee-centered cultures. Our employees are an extraordinary group of talented, energetic, and innovative people who care about more than just work. We strive to create a culture of belonging and an employee experience that empowers our people. UKG has more than 13,000 employees around the globe and is known for its inclusive workplace culture. Ready to be inspired? Learn more at www.ukg.com/careers
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ultimate Kronos Group is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive considerations for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, and any other legally protected status under federal, state, or local anti-discrimination laws.
View The EEO is the Law poster (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm) and its supplement .
View the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision (https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf)
UKG participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here (https://www.e-verify.gov/sites/default/files/everify/posters/EVerifyParticipationPoster.pdf) .
For individuals with disabilities that need additional assistance at any point in the application and interview process, please email UKGCareers@ukg.com or please call 1 (978) 250 9800.