Comcast Eng 5, Software Dev & Engineering in West Chester, Pennsylvania
Comcast's Technology & Product organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
Responsible for planning, designing, building, monitoring, and supporting new and existing software and web applications in the Payment Inventory and Telephone Number domainsindustry. This is an IT leadership role within a team of Software Development Engineers in a Global DevOps environment. This includes the prioritization, planning, designing, development, testing, deployment and support of software and web applications in a 24x7x365 environment. This position requires strong engineering, operations and quality disciplines while working in an agile environment. The best candidate is someone who excels in big picture' thinking while also being able to work in the details. They understand what's required to solve a problem in a variety of dimensions. Collaborates closely with business partners and other IT teams to understand the project requests, discussing scope and budget, while working towards agreements on timelines.
This person will provide guidance, mentoring and support to other Engineers and team members to drive the team to continuous improvement. It is imperative to integrate knowledge of business and functional priorities with technology strategies. Acts as a key contributor in a complex and crucial environment. Expected to lead teams or projects and shares expertise.
Key technical skills required are: Java, SQL, Oracle, Golden Gate, Pivotal Cloud Foundry, AppDynamics, Kibana, GoCD, Ansible.
- Collaborates with project stakeholders to identify product and technical requirements. Performs analysis to determine integration needs.
- Must be a strong team player, an excellent communicator, and possess and display a positive attitude.
- Become an integral player in the team transformation as we grow the team's responsibilities while continuing the migration to a Global DevOps environment.
- Designs new software and web applications, supports applications under development, and enhances current applications. Develops software update processes for existing applications. Assists in the roll-out and monitoring of software releases.
- Trains junior Software Development and Operations Engineers.
- Oversees the researching, writing, and editing of documentation and technical requirements, including sequence diagrams, software designs, demos, acceptance criteria, test results, technical manuals, monitoring plans, support strategies, and any retrospective recommendations.
- Keeps current with technological developments within the industry. Monitors and evaluates competitive applications and products. Reviews literature, patents, and current practices relevant to the solution of assigned projects.
- Assists with technical leadership throughout the design process and assists in guidance with regards to disciplines, best practices, procedures, and techniques.
- Assists in tracking and evaluating key performance metrics (e.g. Availability, Response Times, and Mean Time to Repair).
- Ensures team delivers software on time, to specification, and within budget.
- Ensures our Quality Assurance processes determine if applications fit specification and technical requirements. Tests and evaluates systems, subsystems, and components.
- Acts as a technical contact and liaison for outside vendors and/or customers.
- Presents and defends architectural, design, and technical choices to internal and external audiences.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
Field of Study
- Computer Science, Engineering
- ITIL, Oracle DBA (These are preferred but not required)
Years of Experience
- Generally requires 11 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer