Ankura FP&A Director in Washington, District Of Columbia
Ankura is an expert services firm defined by HOW we solve challenges. Whether a client is facing an immediate business challenge, trying to increase the value of their company or protect against future risks, Ankura designs, develops, and executes tailored solutions by assembling the right combination of expertise. We build on this experience with every case, client, and situation, collaborating to create innovative, customized solutions, and strategies designed for today’s ever-changing business environment. This gives our clients unparalleled insight and experience across a wide range of economic, governance, and regulatory challenges. At Ankura, we know that collaboration drives results.
The FP&A Director will play a highly visible and key role in providing critical financial and strategic support to leaders across the organization. S/He will support all aspects of financial planning, P&L review, treasury, and other complex financial analyses required to profitably grow the business. S/He will be detail oriented and process-minded to help manage the company’s financial reporting and analysis function. S/He should have experience in finance, accounting, decision support, analytics, and management reporting and have an executive presence to effectively communicate with all levels of leadership.
· The FP&A Director will partner with business leaders across the organization to produce financial forecasts that provide a roadmap for the company to achieve its strategic objectives
· Lead the company-wide annual budgeting process, including distribution of allocations, cost and economic assumptions, and the consolidation and presentation of budgets
· Analyze corporate and business operating results and develop appropriate commentary for different audiences. Work closely with segment/regional/industry finance leads to understand business drivers, issues and opportunities and conduct complex financial cost/benefit analyses to support growth and other strategic initiatives
· Support the production of monthly management reports for Executive Management and the Board of Directors, including financial information, key metrics, and variance analysis
· Support Treasury initiatives that may include analyses related to covenant reporting, cash management, and forecasting
· Assist in development of executive-level presentations on business results, performance analysis, financial models, forecasts and budgets, etc.
· Participate in special projects, as needed
· BS in Accounting, Economics, or Finance
· 5-10 years of experience in FP&A, along with experience in Budgeting and Forecasting
· Strong analytical capabilities to analyze data, determine trends, and present the findings
· Experience in developing complex modelling, explaining financial analysis both at the business and technical level
· Demonstrated ability to understand, analyze, and evaluate businesses within a variety of different industries
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Experience in developing, delivering, and/or supporting executive-level presentations
· Ability to direct and influence resources without direct reporting relationships
· Strong ability to leverage systems to eliminate need for manual data collection efforts
· Advanced capabilities in Microsoft Office suite of products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, PowerPivot etc.)
· MBA preferred
· Professional services background a plus
· Experience with Deltek and/or Peoplesoft preferred
Ankura is an equal employment opportunity employer. Employment Opportunities at Ankura are based on one’s qualifications and capabilities to perform the essential function of a particular job. All employment opportunities are provided without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This Equal Employment opportunity governs all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, selection, job assignment, promotions, transfers, compensation, discipline, termination, layoff, access to benefits and training, and all other conditions and privileges of employment.