SMG Event Staff in Waco, Texas
Job Description: Usher
McLane Stadium Waco, TX
REPORTS TO: Operations Manager
FLSA STATUS: Hourly/Non-Exempt
This position is responsible for monitoring the crowd behavior and the safety and security of our guests at McLane Stadium. You will be called upon to greet guests as they arrive and perform visual checks of guests, manage crowds, secure doors and monitor specific locations throughout the venue. As the "eyes and ears" of the stadium, you are expected to keep a close watch on the crowd and intervene in situations when appropriate and call for assistance when it is needed. You are on the "front line" and will experience the excitement and energy of the event. This position is also customer service oriented. Assists in event related activity as required.
- Greet guests as they enter and leave the event,
- Answer questions; resolve complaints, and give directions,
- Enforce stadium policies and procedures,
- Report suspicious activity and violations of stadium policy,
Provide crowd management and assist with crowd movement,
Must have the ability to interact with guests in a friendly, courteous and polite manner. This will include initiating contact with guests within 10 feet -- i.e. smiling, saying "Good Day" or offering assistance when needed.
- Must feel comfortable when around large groups or speaking to a guest, as needed
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Additional Functions may include:
- Check Tickets/scan tickets in correspondence with events needs
- Respond to guest conflicts, medical situations, and other incidents
- Complete written incident reports
- Secure locations and prohibit access to unauthorized individuals
- Provide exceptional service to all patrons
Knowledge: Working knowledge of customer service
Job Requirements: (Some may not be required, but preferred)
- High School Diploma/GED
- Customer Service Techniques
- Must maintain a professional appearance at all times
- Must be able to pass Pre-employment Background check
Experience: Previous experience in customer service.
Skills/Aptitudes: Must possess oral and written communication skills and be able to follow instructions; physical ability to walk, climb steps, and stand/walk for several hours; attention to detail; conflict resolution skills preferred.
Working Conditions: May be exposed to adverse weather conditions for long periods of time; ability to work flexible hours in addition to normal business hours as needed; must be able to stand for long periods of time. May be exposed to physical confrontations.
Date Opened: Ongoing Closing Date: Until Filled
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled