Lowe's Sr. Product Manager in United States
Purpose of Role:
The Senior Product Manager owns the vision and strategy, roadmap, and feature definition for large, cross-functional, and/or highly complex products. Responsibilities include defining the roadmap as well as planning and managing products and product features through the product development process.
This role manages the product backlogs for a product group while prioritizing work and making product-related decisions based on the needs and expectations of customers and stakeholders.
The individual in this role identifies and manages projects with a high level of autonomy. He/she manages multiple product designs at any given time while partnering closely with the business to understand pain points and develop the go-to-market strategy.
• Defines multiple large, cross-functional and/or highly complex products and identifies gaps and customer needs by creating vision, strategy and requirements documents for product(s); utilizing available studies (market research, internal) and competitive analysis to identify customer needs; performing experiments to uncover additional customer value; and partnering with the business to define product roadmaps and to establish the product vision.
• Develops and manages the product roadmap, demonstrating expertise at the product group level, building partnerships with relevant stakeholder teams, and making trade-off decisions for multiple products in a product group.
• Leads the product planning process across a product group by overseeing the development of requirements documents (user stories with acceptance criteria, use cases) for products or product releases; working closely with UX to oversee the design of the user experience across the product group; monitoring release goals, prioritization, implementation, and iteration plans for a product group; and resolving problems that are escalated.
• Leads the development process by reviewing demos with the technology team and validating acceptance criteria for all products in the product group; and reviewing the development work and resolving escalated issues and bugs at a product group level.
• Leads large, highly complex product launches by working with relevant stakeholders to develop launch and go-to-market plans, reviewing and resolving issues and blockers in partnership with team members that may delay the launch or impede the success of product(s).
• Manages scaled launches, sometimes of multiple complex products, in collaboration with leadership
Tracks and reports on product launch metrics, utilizing feedback to drive associated actions and product iteration; contributes to post-launch reviews and drives incorporation of feedback in future product releases.
• Represents team in product group-level discussions with internal and external stakeholders; uses data analysis to address complex and ambiguous problems that often involve multiple stakeholder teams and span across products in a product group.
• Works with relevant internal and external stakeholders to identify and prioritize product group-level customer issues and customer experience gaps; uses findings to determine short and medium-term risk and opportunities for the product group and drive further customer adoption.
• Provides coaching and guidance to more junior level product management team members.
• Uses analytics to monitor product KPIs and ensure success metrics are being met; identifies opportunities for testing and product/product group enhancements based on results.
• Attends business reviews, providing critical input and expert insight into to inform the development of new products.
• Maintains a prioritized product backlog based on defined business value, aligning with Product Strategy and resource capacity; uses data and analytics to prioritize the product backlog appropriately.
• Reviews and approves large requirements (Epics) based on product strategy.
• Aligns efforts across product teams, prioritizing as necessary, and driving/facilitating execution to maintain focus and appropriate momentum.
• Builds and leverages solid working relationships with business and product stakeholders, other Product Managers, user experience and technology teams to facilitate successful product implementation.
• Provides UX/UI approval for assigned products.
• Provides direction to cross-functional teams, including engineering teams and business functions, communicating the product/product group roadmap and keeping everyone informed of updates.
• Builds strong relationships with cross-functional departments (e.g., Learning & Development, Operations, Merchandising, Marketing) as well as Application/Services Vendors to ensure the necessary support is available during product delivery.
• Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, Engineering, Communications, or related field (or equivalent work experience in a related field)
• 5 years of experience in two or more of the following: project management, product management, business analysis, program management or product marketing
• 3 years of experience in product and/or experience management
• Strong writing ability
• Experience in an agile software environment
• Experience working cross‐functionally in a large organization
• Experience working closely with senior leadership
• Experience translating data into quantifiable actions/deliverables
• Master's Degree in Business Administration or similar advanced degree
• CSPO Certification
• Experience providing guidance and direction to cross‐functional resources
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving approximately 18 million customers a week in the United States and Canada. With fiscal year 2019 sales of $72.1 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,200 home improvement and hardware stores and employ approximately 300,000 associates. Based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports its hometown Charlotte region and all communities it serves through programs focused on creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts. For more information, visit Lowes.com .
About Lowe’s in the Community:
As a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company, Lowe’s is committed to creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts through nonprofit partnerships. Across every community we serve, Lowe’s associates donate their time and expertise through the Lowe’s Heroes volunteer program. For the latest news, visit Newsroom.Lowes.com at https://newsroom.lowes.com/ or follow @LowesMedia at https://twitter.com/LowesMedia on Twitter.
Job ID: 1915161BR
Line of Business: Corporate
Job Category: Information Technology
Department: LWSUSAProduct Management - eCommerce
Employment Type I: Regular
Employment Type II: Full time
Location #: 3504
Location Name: Lowe's Charlotte Technology Hub
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.