Edwards Lifesciences Senior Technician, Maintenance in Singapore
Applies technical skill and dexterity in the operation of processing equipment used in tissue production to meet Edwards quality standards, regulatory requirements, and manufacturing.
• Coordinate and participate in maintenance functions of all manufacturing equipment and ensure that they are all in good conditions
• Schedule and perform all chemicals mixing activities and accountable for chemicals mixing quality
• Perform routine daily equipment inspections and ensure smooth production operations
• Assists Engineer/lead technician in building prototype for feasibility study and new equipment evaluation and validation
• Assists engineer/lead technician in equipment troubleshooting, enhancements and new production line setup.
• Perform corrective actions to affected areas that have down time, including assistance to exception work orders (EWOs), Equipment Non-Conformance reports (ENCRs), and Out of Tolerance (OOTs).
• Participate in 5S, lean manufacturing and Continuous Improvement initiative
• Procure, maintain and keep track of equipment spare and production consumables
• Other incidental duties (e.g. occasional photo copying or deliveries)
Education and Experience:
Other: in National ITE Certificate (NITEC) or Diploma in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering, 3 years years experience of previous related experience with working knowledge of a variety of maintenance equipment and solutions mixing Required
• Ability to read P&ID and Wire diagram.
• Experience in jigs and fixtures design, tooling and manufacturing aids design and modifications
• Experience in new process or equipment validation such as IQOQ & PQ
• Experience in continuous improvement projects
• Good communication skills
• Able to read, comprehend, speak, and write English
• Good computer skills, including MS Office
• Substantial knowledge of routine preventive maintenance of production equipment
• In-house training on specialty equipment operations
• Strict attention to detail
• Knowledge of Good Manufacturing and Good Documentation Practices supporting a medical device environment
• Must be able to work in a team environment and with minimum supervision, including inter-departmental teams and with other departments
• Adhere to all company rules and requirements (e.g., pandemic protocols, Environmental Health & Safety rules) and take adequate control measures in preventing injuries to themselves and others as well as to the protection of environment and prevention of pollution under their span of influence/control