PPD ED Project Management - General Medicine in Netherlands
PPD’s mission is to improve health. It starts as an idea to find a cure. It becomes a life saved. All in-between, it’s you! We know that meaningful results not only require the right approach, but also the right people. We invite you to re-imagine health promoting protocols with us, working alongside our talented, bright and energetic teams.
Our Project Delivery team directs, coordinates and manages the technical and operational aspects of projects, securing the successful completion of clinical trials. We collaborate with functional area leads to identify and evaluate fundamental issues on the project and ensure that solutions are implemented.
We have a new vacancy for anExecutive Directorto join ourGeneral Medicine Teambased in theEMEA (or NA) region. This is a full-time permamnnet role and can be fully homebased.
Ideally we prefer experience in aosme of the following areas: Gastrointestinal diseases (NASH, Ulcerative Colitis, Crohn’s Disease, Constipation, Inflammatory Bowel Disease), Immunology (Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Gout, Osteoarthritis), Dermatology (Atopic Dermatitis, Psoriasis), Women’s health and Genitourinary.
The Executive Director, Project Management is accountable for establishing and ensuring successful completion of assigned therapeutic area studies/portfolio/clients through the oversight of relevant resources/functions. Accountable for achieving overall financial goals (sales/repeat business, revenue and profitability). Works globally with other groups to develop new and/or support existing business. Collaborates with leadership in all functional areas on the continuous development/improvement of business processes to support cross functional teams and to ensure that work is uniform, complete and managed appropriately.
At PPD we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognize the power of being one team. We offer continued career advancement opportunities, award winning training and benefits focused on the health and well being of our employees.
Accountable for establishing and ensuring successful completion of assigned therapeutic area studies/portfolio/clients through the oversight of relevant resources/functions. Accountable for achieving overall financial goals (sales/repeat business, revenue and profitability). Works globally with other groups to develop new and/or support existing business. Collaborates with leadership in all functional areas on the continuous development/improvement of business processes to support cross functional teams and to ensure that work is uniform, complete and managed appropriately. Develops and drives the specific and overall therapeutic area strategies to ensure optimum performance and achievement of annual plans and targets. Has overall responsibility for instigating and leading change initiatives within the therapeutic area and works with peers of therapeutic areas in the overall leadership of the Project Management group.
- Ensures the timely execution of clinical trials with a focus on quality deliverables and profitability. Responsible for and ensures proactive identification of project risks and potential contingencies impacting time/quality/cost of deliverables are effectively managed and escalated through appropriate escalation pathways. Further assesses all risks for potential impact across multiple projects and any cross therapeutic impact. Reviews and assesses project profitability by holding project team lead accountable for obtaining appropriate sponsor approval for out of scope work before completing the work. Responsible for escalation and proactive approval of appropriate contingencies having financial impacts.
- Develops and implements the therapeutic area business plans, forecasting and sales/marketing plans.
- Fosters and strengthens client relationships and develops the strategic sell initiative of the division. Strategically evaluates PPD against competitors and makes recommendations to increase PPD’s competitive position.
- Provides administrative oversight of the department, including staffing, budgeting, scheduling and long term planning. Provides strategic direction to staff through line management of a team. Accountable for effective recruitment, induction, talent development and retention of staff. Provides ongoing coaching and feedback including formal performance appraisals, development plans and career coaching.
- Proactively supports and drives business development activities and seeks to obtain additional contracts which may include making presentations to potential clients and representing PPD at appropriate professional meetings and conferences.
- Serves as designated Customers’ “Executive” contact person for all issues. Communicates with sponsor(s) regularly to obtain direction and feedback on implementing scope of work as well as performance to date and identifies areas of opportunity for improvement. Identifies unusual or significant problems encountered during the course of a clinical trial and proposes strategies for preventing or correcting significant problems
*Education and Experience: * Bachelor’s, masters or higher licensed certified health care training.
Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 15 years) or equivalent and relevant combination of education, training, & experience.
8 years of leadership responsibility.
/Years of experience refers to typical years of related experience needed to gain the required knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform the essential functions of the job. Years of experience are not to be used as the only determining factor in establishing the job class or making employment selection decisions. /
*Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: * * Ability to develops, drive and execute strategic plans through leveraging relationships and influencing others * Demonstrated track record of success in clinical development and in leading and developing professional staff in a project led environment * Strategic thinker with proven ability to implement new solutions * Proven ability to simultaneously and effectively oversee multiple projects and people * Stakeholder and client management skills; solid negotiator, ability to navigate politicized situations, uses influence and credibility, cultivates collaborative internal/external networks/relationships * Expertise in budgeting, forecasting and fiscal management * Effective oral and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate in English, both orally and in writing * Demonstrates robust judgment, problem solving and decision making. Ability to apply critical and analytical thinking, use data, business acumen and insight to develop effective solutions. Ability to manage complex and ambiguous issues * Demonstrates executive presence, acts with integrity, shows personal impact and credibility * Demonstrated leadership and emotional intelligence with the ability to read and manage interpersonal dynamics and apply conflict resolution skills * Ability to actively develop and harness talent and capabilities within the department, skilled coach and mentor * Self-aware and open to learning, ability to act as an ambassador for and foster innovation and change, and skilled in process and continual improvement * Effective marketing and organizational skills. Influential communicator, tailors approach to influence and motivate others * Expert knowledge of project management principles and application, Knowledge of regulatory guidelines and directives, medical therapeutic area and medical terminology * Solid computer skills
*PPD Defining Principles: *
- We have a strong will to win - We earn our customer’s trust - We are game changers - We do the right thing - We are one PPD -
If you resonate with our five principles above, and ultimately wish to accelerate the delivery of safe and effective therapeutics for some of the world’s most urgent health needs, then please submit your application – we’d love to hear from you.
Job: *Project Management
Organization: *GB BU
Title: ED Project Management - General Medicine
Location: GB-GB-Cambridge-Cambridge GB Granta Park1
Requisition ID: 202944
Other Locations: DE-DE-Munich-Munchen DE Hansastrasse, IE-IE-Dublin, RO-RO-Bucharest-Bucharest RO West Gate Park, CZ-CZ-Praha 4-Praha 4 CZ Budejovicka alej, BE-BE-Brussels-Brussels BE St Stevens Woluwe, UA-UA-Kiev-Kyiv UA M. Grinchenka Street, RU-Russia, IL-IL-Tel Aviv-Tel Aviv IL HaBarzel St, BG-BG-Sofia-Sofia 115G Tsarigradsko Shosse, GR-GR-Athens-Athens GR Marousi, NL-NL-Bennekom-Bennekom NL Bornweg 12c, GB-GB-Winchester-Winchester GB 1-2 Crown Walk, DE-DE-Nuremberg-Nuremberg DE Sulzbacher Str.48, ES-ES-Madrid-Madrid ES - Titan, 15, GB-GB-Bellshill-Bellshill GB Fleming House 1, DE-DE-Karlsruhe-Karlsruhe DE, IT-IT-Segrate (MI)-Milano IT Via San Bovio, PT-PT-Lisbon-Lisbon PT Av da Liberdade, FR-FR-Ivry-sur-Seine Ced-Ivry-sur-Seine Cedex FR PVC, HU-HU-Budapest-Budapest HU Dorottya Udvar, PL-PL-Warsaw-Warszawa PL Signum Work Station, North America
PPD is an affirmative action employer that values diversity as a strength fosters and environment of mutual respect. PPD provides equal employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, pregnancy, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status or other status within any other protected group