Citi Associate Banker in Canada
Primary Location: Canada,Québec,Montréal
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Function: Private Client Sales
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: No
Job ID: 18012293
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi’s Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop to are widely available to all.
Description of the Position
The Associate Banker role is an integral part of the sales organization of Citi Private Bank. The Associate Banker acts in a supporting role with their assigned Private Banker(s) to onboard new clients and to deepen existing relationships. By developing the ability to assess a client’s financial profile and understanding their goals and challenges, the Associate Banker actively contributes to shaping client financial strategies designed to help provide solutions for managing, growing, and protecting wealth.
The Associate Banker is responsible for four primary activities, all of equal weight and importance:
1) Onboard new clients adhering to our KYC and compliance policies.
2) Identify and close cross-sell opportunities for existing clients.
3) Client support and relationship maintenance activities.
4) Compliance oversight and control.
• Partner with KYC Specialists and local Client Account Officer (“CAO”) or CAO Hub as necessary to build client profiles that meet the requirements of CPB KYC/AML Policies.
• Compliance oversight and controls are a primary function of the Associate Banker role: collect and confirm client’s knowledge and experience as it relates to investments; ensure all onboarding and account opening is done in accordance with our internal policies.
• Research the client to supplement the Banker’s SOW information prior to onboarding.
• Working with the Banker to create and maintain client account plans designed to identify revenue growth opportunities for new and existing clients.
• Manage the pre-call planning process, post-meeting de-briefs; responsible for writing concise call reports.
• Assist the Banker with prospecting; conduct new client/prospect research and generate leads and set up meetings for the Banker.
• Assist with client events, sourcing attendees and attending events.
• Develop relationships with product specialists and interact with them on opportunities for cross sell.
• Maintain an up-to-date and accurate deal pipeline for the team.
• Maintain client contact to assist the banker(s) in revising strategies based on changes in client needs and updating the KYC profiles with the most up to date information.
• Handle complex client inquiries and questions, working with the relevant partners until resolution.
• Take the lead in administrative tasks including meeting set-up, scanning, filing, copying, phone coverage as necessary.
• Work with clients and bankers to collect client updates for the preparation of KYC periodic reviews in advance of their due date.
• Ad hoc projects as assigned that will enhance process and systems.
• Occasionally perform functions outside the normal scope of the job when needed to support the mandate and strategies of the business.
Client facing experience in a wealth management firm.
Knowledge of investment, banking and credit products desirable.
Must be a self-starter with the ability to set high standards of meeting deliverables.
Highly developed attention to detail.
Comfortable working in an ambiguous environment with minimal supervision.
Ability to multitask in a high pressure environment and work under tight deadlines.
Proven ability to learn on the job and comfortable working in an environment where the policies and procedures that change regularly.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to escalate issues to management.
Excellent interpersonal skills, problem solving, team work and analytical skills.
Positive working attitude and strong work ethic.
Ability to establish relationships and partner effectively with various groups including sales, service, operations, compliance and marketing.
Completion of the Canadian Securities Course(“CSC”) would be an asset.
Registration with respective provincial securities commission or someone who can be registered quickly would be an asset.
Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years’ relevant financial services experience.
Must be able to speak French
Citi Canada is an equal opportunity employer. Accordingly, we will make reasonable accommodations to respond to the needs of people with disabilities. Individuals who view themselves as Aboriginals, members of visible minorities, and disabled are encouraged to apply in confidence.