Amec Foster Wheeler Deck Crew Foreman in Brunei
Wood is recruiting Deck Foreman to join our growing team in Brunei.
Purpose / Role
· To deliver a high quality, consistent and competent deck crew rigging supervisory service in accordance withProject / Company requirements, standards and procedures.
· To support overall delivery of company goals and schedule.
· To ensure that all work scope is completed in a safe and controlled manner ensuring no detrimental impact to personnel, fabric or environment.
· To ensure safe and efficient transfer of materials to and from supply boats, vessels, barges and all platform lifts.
· To ensure efficient deck space and storage
Key aims and objectives
· Supervision and co-ordination of deck crew, materials and equipment
· To perform all required discipline tasks, safely, consistently and in accordance with project requirements, proceduresand specifications
Prime responsibilities and duties
· Deck management of all containers and tote tanks.
· Read, understand and implement all applicable company / project policies, working practices and procedures, ensuring at all times that the Lifting/Deck/Supply boat operations are completed, in compliance with LOLER regulations and to a high standard of safety.
· Complete all work scope in accordance with applicable workpack / jobcard instructions, associated procedures and drawings / sketches
· Provide support to other trades/disciplines where required, or form part of an integrated multi-discipline helideck crew.
· Raising applicable Permit to Work (PTW) in order to complete work scope in a controlled and safe manner.
· Undertake appropriate Risk Assessments (RA) in order to complete work scope in a safe and controlled manner.
· Maintaining of all lifting records.
· Deliver Tool Box Talks
· Completion of probationary evaluations and assessments in accordance with AMEC’s competency assurance system CDCA.
Allied occasional duties
· Participate and contribute to AMEC’s Emergency Response procedure and process.
· Participate and contribute in AMEC’s nationalisation/personnel development programmes
· Appropriate documented evidence confirming the trade
· TBOSIET/Approved Offshore Medical
· Approved Rigging & Lifting course
· Approved Slinging & Lifting/Banksman course
· Manual Handling
· W@H training
· Lifting gear examiner
· LOLER Appointed Person
· Permit Vision
· COSHH Assessor
· Demonstrable relevant experience in rigging & lifting operations.
· Demonstrable experience in a supervisory/foreman role in Deck Operations.
· Demonstrable offshore experience in a supervisory/foreman role in Deck Operations
· Local Bruneian
Personal qualities, aptitudes and skills
· Ability to communicate effectively with team members
· Demonstrate commitment to safety
· Flexible – able to comply with company and client requirements
· Ability to work with other disciplines
· Confident – ability to work on own initiative
· Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
· Has a desire to learn and develop within the role.
Competencies – generic
· Ability to supervise work activities
· Ability to maintain record keeping systems
· Ability to deliver quality “tool box talks”
· Ability to demonstrate a high level of understanding of HSE safe working practices / procedures and their implementation
· Safe working – commitment to safe working practices ensuring that all workscopes are completed in a safe manner at all times.
· Ability to supervise effective use of resources
Competencies – technical
· Be capable of inspection for malfunction, wear and tear, stress deformation, corrosion, misuse of, and alterations to the original design of lifting appliances and removing such items from possible use
· Be knowledgeable of the requirements of Equipment Certification and maintaining a Lifting Equipment Log in compliance with LOLER
· Can demonstrate the ability to read/understand procedures/ specifications/drawings/etc in particular those pertaining to Deck Operations.
· Can demonstrate a high standard in completion of tasks associated with the role of Deck Foreman as defined in associated job specification
· Can demonstrate the ability to deliver all rigging & lifting workscopes to the required/specified project/industry standards.
Competencies – project / department specific
· To be completed by project prior to requisitioning
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Published Position Title: Deck Crew Foreman
Requisition ID: 2023-129447
Name: Fixed Term
External Company Name: Wood Plc
External Company URL: http://www.woodplc.com/