TOPS Products LLC Management - EHandS Coordinator - 749 in Union, Missouri
*Position Summary\ \ Assists with TOPS implementation and maintenance of environmental, health and safety (EHS) programs and systems. Works with outside vendors, internal employees, and management.\ \ Responsibilities*\ \ Work is typically performed under general supervision, receiving some guidance from manager/supervisor about the work that needs to be completed. May receive guidance on how to complete some assignments. Able to exercise moderate level of discretion and latitude in completing tasks and prioritizing work. Work is typically completed by following established policies and procedures but may require interpretation to meet unique business needs. Work may be reviewed by senior level staff or management.\
- Receive, record, and follow-up, if missing, all accident reports.
- Maintain OSHA 300 logs by site for annual posting and other reporting.
- Assists in coordination of all aspects of safety and OSHA training programs for TOPS facilities in US and Canada.
- Observe plant operations and make recommendations for additional safety training programs.
- Conduct safety audits in accordance with OSHA regulations at assigned site/s.
- Coordinate / monitor First Responder program.
- Assists with monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting.
- Work with safety committees to achieve pre-determined goals and objectives.
- Follows all safety procedures and corrects observed noncompliance.
- Files environmental permits.
- Reviews and submits all required reports to regulatory and environmental agencies and client programs on a timely basis for all TOPS facilities.
- All other duties as assigned.
*Job Knowledge and Skills*\ \ The duties and responsibilities described above are the essential functions of the job. The qualifications below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum, high school diploma plus two years of higher education or equivalent work experience.
- Knowledge of OSHA and ANSI requirements.
- Knowledge of environmental permitting processes preferred.
- Minimum of two years\' practical experience in safety position, preferably in an industrial setting.
\ Other details
- Job Family Environmental Health and Safety
- Job Function Environmental Health and Safety
- Pay Type Hourly
\ \ Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity