Macy's Union City, CA - Macy's Logistics: Seasonal Human Resources Coordinator, Full/Part Time in Union City, California
* Job Overview: *
The HR Coordinator acts as an ambassador for talent and HR administration. The HR Coordinator’s primary responsibilities are to facilitate the employment support process, manage new-hire onboarding, and handle local HR administration/compliance tasks. This position reports to the HR Operations Supervisor within HR Operations.
Perform other duties as assigned. This position is based out of Stone Mountain, GA.
Essential Functions: *
• Act as an talent ambassador and provide friendly service to new hires and employees. • Liaise with the Employment Support Center to manage local Talent Acquisition tasks including submitting interview schedules, request job postings via employment portal, dispositioning candidates in Taleo, scheduling interviews, and ensuring applications and interview guides are prepared daily. • Manage the local onboarding process including preparing new hire communications, facilitating New Hire Training, overseeing the completion of online forms, verifying I-9 information, completing e-verify (select states), and completing offer/hire panel in the HCM system. • Complete local HR administration including audit compliance (i.e. legal postings) and imaging documents as needed. • Liaise with other HR Operation partners including ESC and DMET, as well as field HRBP and location business leaders. • Manage other transactional HR activities as needed. • Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
- Qualifications: *
- Education/Experience: *
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Minimum of two years experience preferred.
- Communication Skills: *
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong attention to detail with emails.
- Mathematical Skills: *
• Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
• Able to use a calculator.
- Reasoning Ability: *
- * • Self-starter, able to work independently and as part of a team and must have good time management skills.
- Physical Demands: *
• Extended periods of sitting are also involved.
• Some kneeling, stooping, crouching, or crawling may be involved.
• May involve moving and/or lifting at least 10 lbs.
• Involves close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
- Other Skills: *
• Typing minimum of 60 wpm.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Exchange, and Outlook.
• Able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Self-motivated. • Excellent organizational, prioritization, and time management skills. • Ability to collaborate and function as a member of a team.
• Must possess a strong sense of urgency. • Should be comfortable with the use of computers and technology.
Work Hours: *
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. *
Primary Location: United States-California-Union City
Job: HR Generalist
Req ID: MAC09933