SMG Convention Center Ambassador in Tulsa, Oklahoma
The Convention Center Ambassador assists with general visitor services operations at the Cox Business Center and serves as a guest liaison for visitors, guests, clients and related personnel to assure that outstanding service is achieved and to enhance the overall guest experience.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Greet clients and guests.
- Assist and resolve guest questions, inquiries, and concerns.
- Provides general information regarding local restaurants, hotels, and attractions.
- Maintains Visitor Center Desk, including stocking guest information, cleaning and zoning.
- Monitors guest flow and events to ensure high level of satisfaction.
- Assists with administrative tasks.
- Answers phones.
- Uses computer and internet to access and deliver information.
- Attends and participates in planning, training, and staff meetings.
- Participates in safety programs to achieve safety goals.
- Assists with various department and organization projects and special assignments as needed.
- Provides assistance in opening, turning on lights, and closing conference rooms, event centers, ballroom, offices, and other areas in the Cox Business Center when requested by authorized personnel.
- Ability to work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Performs other duties as required.
- Maintain a professional work ethic.
- Provide the highest customer service excellence.
- Maintain a cooperative, team-like attitude in working with supervisors and fellow employees (including other departments).
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- High School diploma or GED certification.
- Previous experience working in a hospitality or retail related area preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to communicate clearly to guests, clients, and employees.
- Effective communication, interpersonal and organizational skills required.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to multi-task between job functions.
- Must be able to get along with co-workers, customers, vendors and visitors to the facility.
- Ability to function independently with minimal supervision
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
- Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Operate a personal computer using Windows, Office and other standard office equipment.
- Must have strong computer skills, Excel and Word.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed for events.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
- Must be able to stand or sit for long periods of time.
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Recruiter: Allen Curd
200 S. Denver Ave
Tulsa OK 74103
All applicants must apply online to be considered. Applicants needing reasonable accommodations to complete the application may contact the Human Resources Administrative Assistant at (918) 894-4353.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled