Stella Maris Hospice GNA in Timonium, Maryland
Like the Sisters of Mercy before us, we witness God’s healing love for all people by providing excellent clinical and residential services within a community of compassionate care.
As a leader in eldercare for nearly 70 years, we are always looking for qualified people to join the Stella Maris team. Our team includes nurses, certified geriatric nursing assistants, social workers, chaplains, therapists and other caregivers and support staff. If you are interested in becoming a part of our highly committed team of employees, please consider applying today.
Under supervision of a licensed nurse, the GNA provides nursing care according to facility philosophy, policies and procedures. Responsible for meeting patients’ daily needs and responding to call lights; assumes care of patients’ clothing, personal property and environment; makes careful and efficient use of supplies, linen, and equipment.
STATUS: Full Time
SHIFT: 11pm-7am (Nights)
Sign-On Bonus for FT
· Provides quality nursing care in accordance with established routines and procedures to ensure residents’ comfort and safety
· Takes and records residents’ vital signs, weight, intake and output, and other measurements accurately and on time
· Provides assistance with all ADL’s for assigned residents
· Maintains documentation on residents/patients’ charts according to facility protocol
· Promptly answers residents’ call lights
· Demonstrates knowledge of infection control and consistently practice standard precautions
· Regularly assumes responsibility for resident’s clothing and personal property by securing items in accordance with established routines.
· GNA license in Maryland
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Must possess good nursing skills, patience, understanding, and a positive, caring attitude.
Stella Maris offers an excellent benefit package including competitive salary, excellent health benefits, PTO, and bonus programs.
Stella Maris is an equal opportunity employer.