Nexion Health Management MDS Coordinator - MDS Coordinator in Thibodaux, Louisiana
Nexion affiliates operate 43 skilled nursing and rehabilitation as well as assisted living facilities in Colorado, Louisiana, Mississippi and Texas. Each of our affiliate skilled nursing and assisted living campuses offers a home-like setting influenced by their own unique regional cultures. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in our positive clinical outcomes, resident and family member testimonials, satisfaction reports and AHCA Quality Awards.
As MDS Coordinator, your main focus will be Medicaid and Medicare reimbursement. You will be responsible for the coordination and completion of clinical assessments, supporting documentation, care planning, and transmitting MDS 3.0, all as required by federal and state regulations.
- Coordinating preparation of MDS and Care Plan as per regulatory requirements
- Maintaining MDS/Care plan schedule for interdisciplinary team
- Completing responses to requests for additional information from the intermediary and appeals decisions.
- Ensuring preparation of Medicare denial letters for each resident discharged from Medicare coverage within time limits imposed by Medicare guidelines
Participating in the ongoing evaluation of documentation required for Medicaid reimbursement Requirements:
Current RN or LVN/LPN license in state of practice
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- 1+ years of experience in skilled nursing facility with previous experience in completing MDSs and Care Plans as an MDS Coordinator
- Demonstrated proficiency in the RAI / PPS processes
- Strong attention to detail, documentation, and resident assessment skills
- Good communication, organizational, and computer skills Benefits:
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package to include voluntary Medical, Dental, Vision, ADD Benefits, LT/ST Disability, Life Insurance, Flex Spending Account and 401K