Citigroup In-Business Risk and Controls Analyst, Legal Support in Tampa, Florida
The In-Business Risk and Controls Analyst will be a key member of the Global Legal Controls team, taking responsibility of the effective and timely execution of departmental operational risk activities and providing controls-related subject matter expertise across the Global Legal function.
As risk & control infrastructure responsibilities continue to grow, Legal requires additional support to ensure appropriate adherence to firm-wide initiatives and requirements such as RIM (requiring significant manual work to accurately map and monitor laws, rules & regs and associated controls), the Manager’s Control Assessment operational risk management framework, and other operational and compliance risk management programs.
• Supporting the Global Legal function in the planning, execution and monitoring of the Manager’s Control Assessment program (MCA).
• Assisting Legal functions in identifying and documenting their Key Operational Risks, appropriate controls and monitoring methodologies during the Annual Risk Assessment process, co-ordination of the quarterly assessment exercise to ensure timely completion by all participants, and the review and reporting of results.
• Maintenance and updates of entity Process/Risk/Control information within the CitiRisk and Controls system.
• Supporting the Risk and Controls Manager in the review of MCA policy updates and standard templates for applicability to Legal entities.
• Identification and follow up of control weaknesses identified through MCA or other sources, collaboration with issue owners in the definition of robust action plans, monitoring progress, data maintenance in the Integrated Corrective Actions Plan system, and collation/verification of completion evidence.
• Participation in controls-related projects affecting the Legal organisation, including data-analysis and reporting exercises.
• Exposure to a wide range of operational risk management activities in a global financial services environment.
• Develop a detailed understanding of Citi control processes and methodologies, global data privacy requirements, and to the operations of a Global Legal Organization.
• Exposure to corporate strategic initiatives and change programs.
• Drive process improvements, working in partnership with a global team.
• Participation in projects with high level of visibility to all levels of management
• 3 years+ experience in a related operational risk or audit role, with direct experience of risk identification, management and remediation.
• Experience of working in a complex, multi-national operating environment, preferably related to financial services.
• Exposure to internal controls policies and standards, and experience in driving organizational compliance.
• Proven ability to meet new challenges, assimilate new information and to influence people through maturity of approach.
• Proficiency with MS Office products
• Advanced Microsoft Excel skills, with the capability to analyse complex datasets.
• Good interpersonal, verbal and written skills, with the ability to present to and influence senior management.
• Strong work ethic
• Analytical approach with an eye for detail and emphasis on accuracy
• Understanding of project management methodologies.
• Bachelor's Degree is required
Job Family Group:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi (https://www.citigroup.com/citi/accessibility/application-accessibility.htm) .
View the "EEO is the Law (https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) " poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement (https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf) .
View the EEO Policy Statement (http://citi.com/citi/diversity/assets/pdf/eeo_aa_policy.pdf) .
View the Pay Transparency Posting (https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf)
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.