SMG Bartender in Tallahassee, Florida
Position: Bartender (Part-Time Event Staff)
Facility Name: SMG- The Pavilion
Location: Tallahassee, FL
DEPARTMENT: Food & Beverage
REPORTS TO: F&B Manager
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an immediate opening for a Bartender. This position will be responsible for mixing and serving alcoholic beverages in the VIP Saloon during various events.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- The setup and breakdown of the designated bar.
- Handles all forms of payment and inventory according to company policy
- Accurately completes assigned paperwork
- Ensures bar area is kept clean
- Follows all Health Code Guidelines, Company Policies, and State Laws
- Maintain an accurate cash drawer
- Directs bar back when stock is needed
- Serves customer in accordance with SMG Policy
- Establishes and maintains positive client relationships
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Must have one year of customer service experience
- Previous bartending experience preferred
Skills and Abilities
- Must have attention to detail
- Must have good oral and written communication skills
- Must have basic working knowledge of bar operations
- Must have ability to add, subtract, multiple and divide
- Must have strong customer service skills
- Must be able to adapt to changes in the work environment, managing competing demands, frequent changes, delays or unexpected events
- Must have strong interpersonal skills
- Must have basic working knowledge of cash register and cash handling procedures
- Must be compliant with health codes
- Must be able to pass credit background check
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays in addition to normal business hour as needed
- Must have professional attitude and appearance
- Ability to work in a high noise level environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events. Daily lifting up to 50lbs., constant reaching, stooping, standing and walking.
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
SMG -- The Pavilion
2415 N. Monroe Street
Tallahassee, FL 32303
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities,
Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled