SMG Housekeeper in Syracuse, New York
Job Title: Housekeeper
Department: Event Services
Reports To: Operations Manager
FLSA Status: Part Time/Hourly/Non-Exempt
The overall roll of Housekeeper at the Lakeview Amphitheater is to perform a variety of unskilled manual labor tasks in the emphasis of maintaining cleanliness and efficiency. The Housekeeper reports directly to the Operations supervisor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- This position involves the cleaning and maintenance of the facility public areas and surrounding grounds.
- Work involves no supervisory responsibilities.
- Employee receives moderate supervision and works a flexible schedule, including third shift hours.
- Work requires a moderate level of cleaning experience. Has contact with general public and clients.
- Pre-event tasks such as sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, cleaning floors, wiping chairs, and placing trash and recycle cans.
- Setting up dressing rooms and event spaces to prepare for client's needs.
- Event tasks such as maintaining the dressing rooms, continually cleaning and checking bathrooms, changing trash and recycle cans as needed.
- Post event tasks such as cleaning the facility, the pavilion, lawn, parking lots, walkways, loading dock, and making sure park is ready to open
- Operate equipment such as but not limited to vacuum cleaner, trash compactor, floor scrubber, leaf blower, and, golf carts).
- Collect and dispose of trash and recycle products in proper containers.
- Maintain sanitary restrooms and fixtures, wash windows, elevators, walls, ceilings, and seats.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience
- 1 year experience in cleaning and custodial work required.
- A background in hotel or industrial cleaning preferred.
- High School Diploma or equivalent desired.
Skills and Abilities
- Good oral communication skills and the ability to read, write and communicate effectively in English.
- Excellent hospitality and customer service skills, service standards, guest relations and etiquette.
- Must be self-motived, outgoing and able to work in fast paced environment.
- Mature judgment and professionalism in handling all matters
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Lift and carry up to 50-75 pounds at a time, perform various activities such as constant standing, walking, frequent bending, reaching, kneeling and squatting
- Ability to work in a noisy environment
Hours of Work
- Flexible part-time schedule including some long shifts, nights, weekends and holidays.
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Apply at- https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?c=1152751&d=ExternalCareerSite
Hali Greenhouse, HR Generalist
800 South State St.
Syracuse, NY 13202
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact 315-435-8062
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled