SMG Back Stage Event Security in Syracuse, New York
Job Title: Back Stage Event Security
Reports To: Security Coordinator
FLSA Status: Part-Time/Hourly/Non-Exempt
Summary: The Back Stage Event Security is responsible for the protection of back stage at the Lakeview Amphitheater during events, including clients, guests, staff, building, events and event participants.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assigned a specific post or area to secure in the backstage of the amphitheater.
- Prevent unauthorized/uncredentialed persons from entering the assigned area.
- Monitors Amphitheater back stage area activities. Alerts Security management and/or other Security personnel to investigate should anything be observed out of order.
- Responds to emergency situations.
- Remain vigilant at all times when at your assigned post or location.
- Investigates and completes reports on all incidents that occur back stage such as property damage.
- May be called upon to check bags entering the backstage area.
- May be called upon to complete pat downs or metal detection of persons entering the backstage area.
- Prevent unauthorized access to the backstage parking area including checking vehicles entering the area.
- Must work cooperatively with SMG, Live Nation and Tour staff.
- May assist clients and vendors with items being delivered to the facility. Maintains a log of all accepted deliveries.
- Works effectively with all staff to ensure that clients and guests attending an Amphitheater concert or event receive the highest quality service during their events.
- May be called upon to deal with unruly/disruptive individuals in accordance with Lakeview Amphitheater/SMG policy.
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
Must have at least a high school diploma or equivalent, some college is preferred
3-5 years security experience
Previous law enforcement experience preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
Must be able to maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons and others encountered in the course of employment.
Ability to communicate with, and take direction from immediate supervisor and facility management.
Possess excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills and interacts with all levels of staff, including management.
Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
Ability to handle/resolve high tension situations.
Excellent communication, problem solving and organizational skills.
Work independently, exercising judgment and initiative.
Must possess professional presentation, appearance and work ethic.
Not necessary to perform this job successfully.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
A valid New York State Guard License or equivalent is required and must be valid at all times.
Must obtain all licenses or permits as required by the state, county, or city.
Physical Demands :
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to work indoors and outdoors as required by the function.
- Must have the physical ability to maneuver around facility/building and at times, walking and/or standing up to 6-10 hours daily, as well as the ability to perform medium physical work.
- This position is also exposed to adverse conditions including inclement weather, noise, fumes, etc.
- Ability to work flexible hours based on events, including daytime, evenings, weekends and holidays as needed.
Note: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Apply at- https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?c=1152751&d=ExternalCareerSite
Hali Greenhouse, HR Generalist
800 South State St.
Syracuse, NY 13202
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact 315-435-8062
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled