Lockheed Martin Sr. Electronics Engineering Manager, Avionics Controls in Sunnyvale, California
Description: Are you ready to take your career to a new level and work at an extraordinary company in Sunnyvale CA (https://www.lockheedmartinjobs.com/space-sunnyvale-california) ?
The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zktiHGW3xYk)
For over 100 years Lockheed Martin has been designing, building, fielding and supporting some of the most advanced technology in the skies. Are you ready to design what's coming next? Be part of a highly innovative team providing ingenious solutions to complex technical problems facing the aerospace industry. Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to think big, perform with perfection and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus. If you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you!
Join us as the Common Controls & Avionics Deputy reporting to the Senior Manager of the Product Center Group
• Oversight, leadership and technical execution of the Common Control and Avionics team (executing on multiple programs) within Electronics.
• Mechanism electronics with embedded controls algorithms.
• Ensuring Manufacturing support and troubleshooting that supports program schedules.
• Experience and expertise with full product life cycle. Knowledge of the definition, interpretation, and implementation of design requirements, coordination and execution of hardware designs, development and integration of hardware in accordance with all Lockheed Martin Space engineering process specifications.
• Communicate with organizations across the enterprise including planning, manufacturing, and engineering to ensure the delivery of products.
• Executing on proposal and new business opportunities and program/internal development efforts.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR YOU TO HAVE:
• 12+ or more years of professional experience.
• An active TS/SCI with Poly clearance is required.
BENEFITS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package (https://www.lockheedmartinjobs.com/working-here#benefits) .
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Lockheed Martin. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
• Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited college in Electrical Engineering or related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education.
• Experienced leadership skills including leading a multidiscipline (Electrical, Mechanical, Guidance Navigation Control, ASIC/FPGA, Special Test Equipment, Project Engineering) team.
• Experience in managing multiple programs and stakeholders.
• Background in internal and external Customer communication and interaction.
• Project Leadership/Management Experience of Avionics products throughout the engineering life cycle.
• Demonstrated experience in space or missile electronics hardware development, procurement, production and/or test.
• Experience executing on large (>$100M) proposal and new business opportunities.
• Current or past Certified Principal Engineer (CPE) responsibilities.
• Current or past Control Account Manager (CAM) responsibilities.
• Active TS/SCI with Polygraph clearance.
• Vision to align commonality throughout an organization to reduce resources.
• Subject matter expertise with space and missile electronics.
• Demonstrated experience with continuous improvement processes for improved production along with a focus on Design for Excellence (DfX).
• In-depth background and experience of space and missile electronics architectures.
• Demonstrated experience in presentation, oral and written communication to facilitate effective and efficient interchanges employees, coworkers, leaders, and customers.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a cost and scheduled constrained environment.
• Experience managing/leading a team with early to mid-career Engineers.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.