Aerotek Logistics & Accounting Assistant in Stonington, Connecticut
Reporting to the Controller, and working closely with the company’s Logistics Coordinator, the Logistics & Accounting Associate is a newly created hands-on position that will be responsible for helping the company operate efficiently and profitably in a variety of ways. In addition to ad hoc accounting work, responsibilities will range from working closely with our Italian co-manufacturers to schedule production, transportation, and delivery of the company’s products, processing orders from our distributor partners, and finally handling the complex invoice statements and deductions received back from them.
Essential Functions and Duties:
• Creating purchase orders and communicating with Italian co-manufacturers to schedule production and pick-up of products.
• Coordinating with ocean freight companies, customs, as well as inbound trucking, as well as company’s warehouse to ensure on-time delivery of products to company’s Connecticut warehouse.
• Assist in accounts receivable functions, application of cash, managing accounts receivable aging, month end close, etc.
• Prepare ad hoc financial reports covering costs, ROI, and inventory levels from ERP system.
• Processing customer orders via EDI through the company’s SAP based ERP system.
• Working closely with both finance and sales team to identify errors, customer fines, and unauthorized deductions on invoice payments.
• Bachelor’s Degree (Finance or Business Management preferred)
• 2-3 years of finance/accounting. Logistics experience is a plus
• Background in SAP systems, or similar ERP systems
• Power user of Microsoft suite of products, especially Excel
• An ability to have attention to detail, while dealing with time sensitive follow-ups
• Prior experience / understanding of invoice processing, logistics, and accounting principles
• Demonstrated understanding of control concepts, policies, and accounting rules
• Ability to learn and use transactional systems
• Good verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
• Bonus Points for CPG/Natural Foods experience
• Strong data management capabilities
• Responsive – recognizes the need to quickly address issues.
• Scrappy and willing to get your hands dirty.
• Strong communication skills – both verbal and written.
• You work effectively with all members of the organization
• Manages competing demands, changes approach or method to best fit the situation and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
• Organized, self-starter with the ability to work on multiple projects at one time.
• Highly analytical and strategic. Your problem-solving skills are unparalleled.
• Quick on your feet! When problems arise, you reliably produce responses and solutions with speed
• Self-motivated; requiring little day-to-day supervision.
About Aston Carter:
Aston Carter is a distinguished global provider of recruitment and staffing services to companies requiring highly specialized business professionals. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aston Carter has an unrivaled commitment to delivering first class service to clients and business professionals across a variety of disciplines, including Accounting and Finance as well as Governance, Risk and Compliance. With more than 60 offices across Europe, Asia Pacific and North America, Aston Carter provides local, regional and global expertise to drive value and meet our customers' unique needs. Aston Carter is a division of Aerotek. Aerotek is an operating company of Allegis Group, a global talent solutions provider.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.