SMG Dockhand in Stockton, California
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for Dockhands for SMG/Stockton Marina. Responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of the marina and assist the marina team to serve marina customers and guests by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Carries out routine cleaning duties that meet established quality standards for all marina related operations; insures the recognized standards are maintained and that quality, and delivery commitments are met
- Assists the Marina Manager and other dockhands in marina related duties such as securing boats to docks, connecting and monitoring utility services (power, water and telephone), black water pump out, waste disposal and facility sanitation
- Provides high level of customer and guest services, expedites any and all requests from vessels including transport of patrons and baggage to and from dockside, delivery of provisions and packages
- Routinely operates, motor and water vehicles and other various mechanized equipment
- Provides general security and supports marina and facility security teams in their security related efforts; reports disturbances in dock area to superiors and maintains general vigilance
- Provides service to marina and facility guests and carries out routine marina maintenance
- Complying with instructions or duties as may be reasonably assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Such qualities qualifications include:
- A broad knowledge of marina operations, boat lifting, boat handling and towing, plant and equipment maintenance.
- Proven skills or the willingness to be trained in administration, seamanship, communications, health and safety, plant and equipment maintenance and operations
- Familiarity with common marina operational documentation (e.g. agreements, contracts, terms and conditions, marina rules and regulations etc.) and the ability to analyze them
- A positive attitude combined with the ability to communicate fluently and relate well to customers in the leisure environment and the ability to manage and motivate staff
- Commercial awareness and an eye for detail in all aspects of work
- High standards of presentation and accuracy in written work
- Proficient swimmer
- Full driving license
Education and/or Experience
Ideal candidates will hold a High Scholl Diploma or other related field knowledge and skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this role, the employee:
- Is regularly exposed to outdoor weather conditions
- Is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts
- May work near or around toxic or caustic chemicals while wearing proper protection equipment and following strict company safety standards
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Apply at- [Link to job posting in RM]
Recruiter- Celeste Benoit
248 W. Fremont St.
Stockton, CA 95203
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact 209.373.1400.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled