Robert Half International Hands on Controller/CFO in Spokane Valley, Washington
A well - established Spokane Valley manufacturer is looking for a hands on Controller!
The Controller is responsible for oversight of all aspects of finance, accounting, and reporting activities including, but not limited to: Financial Closing, Financing Covenant Compliance, and GAAP and other regulatory reporting requirements. In connection with administering the responsibilities of the Accounting Department, the Controller will:
• Oversee all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems, ensuring compliance with relevant GAAP standards and ensure timely and accurate preparation and reporting of financial statements; consolidate wholly owned subsidiaries for financial reporting
• Draft financial reports with accompanying footnotes for annual compilation
• Prepare and submit regulatory and other reports including B& O, L& I, US Census Bureau, Coordination of Benefits (Medicare), property taxes, and coordinating with external CPA for federal income tax regulations
• Collect and track qualifying research and development expenses for tax credit purposes; Research and apply for grant opportunities
• Maintain and continually improve internal controls over financial reporting and safeguarding of company assets
• Provide financial data and strategic support to company management through annual budgeting and forecasting; update budgets as necessary
• Clearly communicate financial results to management team, including variances from budget to actual results, costing variances, and monthly fluctuations; prepare financial dashboard weekly to highlight results for management team
• Perform all cost accounting functions including, but not limited to, identifying appropriate cost centers, consider and suggest improvements for potential revision of labor and machine rates for applied overhead, and consider and suggest improvements for costing and pricing of inventories
• Monitor company cash flows and communicate with management regarding liquidity and future obligations
• Perform treasury responsibilities in bank account transfers and debt obligations; coordinate with company banker for ongoing line of credit needs and online banking
• Prepare ad-hoc reports for sales and marketing
• Oversee accounting assistant(s) and review and post transactions entered
• Ensure timely payment of accounts payable, and prompt collection and deposit of cash collections; review and approve bank reconciliations
• Oversee and approve biweekly payroll processing
• Must have a minimum of five (5) years experience in an accounting setting, experience in public accounting and manufacturing preferred
• Must have Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, and fully licensed CPA in the State of Washington
• Must have the ability to quickly learn many different jobs with minimal supervision and instruction; very strong work ethic, capable of managing a high volume of work with little to no supervision; communication with all levels of the company is imperative
• Must be able to pass pre-employment drug screen
• Must be capable of performing basic math, knowledgeable of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, ERP Sage Accpac, and MISys manufacturing software
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled professionals with remote or on-site jobs in accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was No. 1 on Forbes’ annual ranking of America’s Best Professional Recruiting Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.5461. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States.