ASSA ABLOY Information Technology Security Analyst in Solihul, United Kingdom
Career Opportunities: Information Technology Security Analyst (15018)
Requisition ID 15018 - Posted - Shirley (Lancaster House) - Biosite Systems Ltd - Construction Gr excl. Global Function - Data Analytics/Warehousing, & Business Intelligence - Posting Country (1) - Yes - Entry level - 0-10%
Job Description Print Preview
Biosite provides technology-enabled services that have been specifically designed to optimise operational efficiency, improve health and safety, and ensure compliance for construction projects. Reporting directly to the Support Team Manager, you will be responsible for supporting, maintaining, and improving the company’s Information Technology Security, (IT Security), aligning with Biosite Systems Information Security requirements and Operational Security objectives. The role will be both BAU and Continual Improvement in nature helping to ensure we maintain the highest standards of IT Security and Information Security for our products, colleagues, clients, and services
Main responsibilities and tasks
● An IT administrator is responsible for assisting in delivering a first-class support service to internal staff of Biosite Systems.
● Acting primarily in a 1st line support capacity, resolving issues over the phone or via remote connectivity.
● This job includes investigating and diagnosing network problems, collecting IT usage stats, making recommendations for improving the company’s IT systems and carrying out routine configuration and installation of IT solutions.
● The Information Technology Security Analyst will be responsible for different systems and providing support in their areas, including but not limited to:
○ VOIP system
○ Internal Wallboards
○ Internal networking
○ Internal VPN & Wi-Fi
○ Email system and similar.
● The Information Technology Security Analyst will be responsible for representing Biosite as an IT competent person externally in all communications between the business and Assa Abloy
● Daily monitoring of the support ticketing system and logging of all activity in that system
● Providing support for internal staff as a 1st line support (e.g., password resets, raising Assa Abloy support tickets for licenses / applications).
● Prioritise network connectivity and maintaining it in the office locations
● To maintain a high degree of customer service when responding to support
● To take ownership of support cases and seek closure ensuring all relevant support procedures are followed and all parties informed
● Escalation of more complex calls to the relevant support team member or other departments
● Supporting the Information Security Officer Team with the wider governance, risk, and compliance activities for the business including but not limited to: -
○ Identification & remediation of IT Security Vulnerabilities
○ Identification & remediation of ineffective IT Security / IS Security Controls aligned to Appendix A ISO27001 / CyberEssentials
■ Data Loss prevention (Web & Email)
■ User Access Controls
■ Logging & Monitoring controls
■ Physical Security Controls
■ Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery Controls
● Ensuring the Joiner, Mover Leavers process is executed end to end minimising business risk with HR colleagues including but not limited to Laptop provisioning / User Provisioning / Leavers Process execution / Leavers Audits.
● Supporting the Information Security Officer during internal audits and performing internal audits as your skill set and knowledge develops
● Supporting the Information Security Officer with external auditors during external second- and third-party information security and data protection audits,
● Supporting the Information Security Officer with managing and maintaining ISO 27001, CyberEssentials+, and other relevant certifications for the business.
● Supporting the Information Security Officer with information Security control compliance, reporting of Key Risk Indicators aligned to the ISO27001 Security Objectives
Key working relationships (internal and external)
● Close collaboration with the Information Security Officer, Technical Director, Operations Director, and operational / IT Teams on IT Security and Information Security requirements and implementation.
● Close collaboration with colleagues on a BAU / day to day basis to help support a Be Safe culture at Biosite Systems.
● Close collaboration with Assa Abloy colleagues on a BAU / day to day basis to help support a Be Safe culture at Biosite Systems.
Person Profile: Essential qualifications, experience, knowledge, and behaviours
● Passionate about IT Security and the protection of personal, customer, and business data.
● Well organised, punctual, and a positive communicator.
● Able to plan to enable delivery of outcomes – effective goal setting.
● Time management – proficient in planning, organising, and managing workload to maximise efficiency
● The role is varied and requires a real team player who can manage their time efficiently and prioritise or escalate technical issues to ensure a prompt closure.
● Be able to develop and maintain close working relationships with internal colleagues. No contact with external customers is required as part of this role unless by exception.
● Active Listening - identifies the key elements of others’ communications and gathers further relevant information through effective questioning, listening, and summarising
● A team player and communicator who engages their peers to drive for continuous improvement
● Excellent written and oral communication skills
● Experience of Debian based Linux - basics in system structure and diagnostics, networking
● Proven experience in a similar IT support role with end user facing responsibilities
● Previous 1st line support experience or equivalent
● Previous experience of a call logging systems and remote support tools.
● A good understanding of PC hardware and peripheral devices
● A good understanding of server environments
● A good understanding of networking & routing
● A good understanding of managing IT Security and Information Security for cloud platforms
● A good understanding of managing IT Security and Information Security Activity Directory, Admin Accounts, User provisioning.
● Experience in supporting ISO27001 certification
● Experience in supporting GDPR compliance.
● Experience in supporting CyberEssentials+ compliance.
Salary and benefits
● Flexible hours, 40 hrs/week with core hours from (10am - 4pm London)
● 24 days leave, rising to 30 days with length of service.
● 10% time available to use on your own projects and ideas
● Company pension scheme
We are the ASSA ABLOY Group
Our people have made us the global leader in access solutions. In return, we open doors for them wherever they go. With nearly 51,000 colleagues in more than 70 different countries, we help billions of people experience a more open world. Our innovations make all sorts of spaces – physical and virtual – safer, more secure, and easier to access.
As an employer, we value results – not titles, or backgrounds. We empower our people to build their career around their aspirations and our ambitions – supporting them with regular feedback, training, and development opportunities. Our colleagues think broadly about where they can make the most impact, and we encourage them to grow their role locally, regionally, or even internationally.
As we welcome new people on board, it’s important to us to have diverse, inclusive teams, and we value different perspectives and experiences.