Kelly Services Mechanical Design Engineer in Sidney, Ohio
This Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for providing work leadership and training to lower level professional and technical staff or works in a highly technical development role designing significantly complex devices and systems. They will create and develop engineering project documentation, i.e. bill of materials, drawings, and specifications and will develop prototypes and test plans; validate as required. They will be responsible for custom equipment design projects from beginning to end and will participate in or conduct design reviews and provide practical feedback.
• Lead the design and release of machines as required; meeting projected cost targets, performance and specifications while achieving on-time production delivery.
• Conduct custom mechanical design (modeling) and drawings using 3D CAD software. (Solid Works)
• Work effectively with manufacturing and vendors during the design and build process.
• Ensure products comply with regulatory requirements (e.g.: BISSC, OSHA, UL, CSA, CE, etc…) including industry safety requirements
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering (Master's preferred) and a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience or 15 years of progressive experience in complex design engineering. (They have a junior Mechanical Engineering position as well if you have less than 5 years of experience)
• Experienced in lean principles and practices.
• Computer skill proficiency to include Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint as well as 3D CAD, such as SolidWorks (preferred).
• Machine design experience, includes metal fabrication, machining, machine drive systems, pneumatic and hydraulic mechanisms preferred.
• Ability to perform analysis using the following tools and/or processes: FMEA (Failure Modes and Effects Analysis) and Finite Element Analysis (FEA) required.
• Possess basic understanding of electrical circuits and wiring preferred
Why Kelly ® ?
Your engineering skills are in demand, but how do you find the right fit? Easy. With Kelly® Engineering, our experts connect you with leading organizations where you can learn and grow, collaborate on innovative projects, and keep your skills sharp with top technology. Whether you prefer the variety and flexibility of short-term projects, or are looking for something more long-term, we’re here every step of the way to find your dream engineering job.
About Kelly ®
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits ?). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.