SMG Part Time Waitstaff in Shreveport, Louisiana
POSITION: PART-TIME Waitstaff
REPORTS TO: Food & Beverage Supervisor/Food & Beverage Manager
FLSA STATUS: Hourly Non-Exempt
This position works all Banquet to include, coffee breaks, buffet, mobile carts, , plated and reception events. All functions serving any food & beverage items.
- Fulfilling the service per each Banquet Event Orders (BEO).
- Maintaining all Banquet equipment cleanliness and annual maintenance.
- Must be creative in designing buffets and coffee break décor.
- Attention to detail and consistency in every aspect of service is a must.
- Position is very hands on.
- Cleaning of uniforms and Banquet Linens.
- Other duties as assigned.
WORK CONTACTS: Daily contact with the Banquet Managers, Supervisors and other convention center employees.
PHYSICAL EFFORT: This position requires stooping and lifting. Substantial walking and lifting of thirty pounds to the shoulder.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Works throughout the building.
- At least one year experience in a banquet facility servicing meals for large events.
- Strong orientation to customer service and ability to work with other staff members in the facility.
- Ability to undertake and complete multiple tasks.
- Servesaf certified
- Ability to be creative with buffet presentations and maintain a quality product.
- Attention to detail and service oriented.
- Must be able to lift and carry trays of ten entrees.
Apply at: https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/RTI.home?c=1152751&d=InternalCareerSite&r=5000322769206#/
SMG-Shreveport Convention Center
400 Caddo St.
Shreveport, La. 71101
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact 318-841-4000.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled