General Electric Supplier Development Engineer - NDT in Shanghai, China
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
• Provide leadership to drive growth in business cooperation between GE Renewable Energy and China supplier base.
• Support the supplier quality engineering and sourcing team as a NDT technical expertise for supplier activities directed toward process control and quality assurance of GE REN components.
• Conduct the supplier qualification and approval for NDT process, and review supplier NDT personal capability.
• Establish a structured approach for consistency and adherence to quality procedures and requirements for suppliers and internal team.
• Drive NDT process audit and corrective actions follow up.
• Develop supplier self-reliance capability to achieve supplier’s process control.
• Drive continuous improvement of supplier’s NDT process, cycle, and delivery performance through Six Sigma etc. quality tools.
• Aid in supplier NDT approval process and conduct risk analysis in environmental Health & Safety (EHS).
• Work closely with GE REN Sourcing, Manufacturing and Engineering to eliminate roadblocks and communication barriers that may effect quality and delivery requirements.
• BS/MS in Engineering or Equivalent. Major in NDT or Application Physics are preferred.
• ISO 9001knowledge: QMS Lead Assessor training and certification from a certified Body is highly valued.
• Hands-on experience in supplier development – practical manufacturing (shop floor) exposure.
• Hands-on experience in manufacturing processes and NDT process development or supplier technical development
• Minimum 5 years on-site experience for manufacturing site / supplier Quality Systems auditing and corrective action development / implementation. Experience developing manufacturing site QMS procedures and ISO certification
• Qualified as level III for two NDT methods at least.
• Experience with welding are preferred
Locations: China; ShangHai; Shanghai