NBC Universal Data Engineer - Fandango in See List Below, United States
Job Number 61299BR
Job Title Data Engineer - Fandango
Business Segment Direct-to-Consumer
Posting Category Technology & Engineering
About Us At Fandango, we love movies. From showtimes and ticketing, to engaging content and innovations in movie going- we strive to deliver the perfect movie going experience—anytime, anywhere. And to be the go-to destination for moviegoers, we think it’s all about collaboration. Anyone can build a website or app, but it takes a special group across many disciplines to create an experience that can live across multiple platforms and connected devices. Thanks to an exceptional team, we’re working hard to make Fandango a little bit better every day. Our 30 million (and growing!) online and mobile monthly visitors can now buy movie tickets at over 25,000 screens nationwide and stay for exclusive trailers, our award-winning original video series, movie reviews, celebrity interviews and more. So, if you’re looking to inspire, be inspired and work at the intersection of entertainment and technology look no further than Fandango. Visit Fandango.com/careers for a behind-the-scenes look at Fandango and follow us on LinkedIn for the latest news and updates. Fandango is an NBCUniversal Company.
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world.
Country United States
State Multiple Locations
City See List Below
• BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
• 2+ years of proven professional experience in data products and machine learning systems
• Exposure to statistical and machine learning models
• Professional experience in one or more of the following programming languages (Java, Scala, Python)
• Exposure to distributed data storage and large-scale data processing (Spark, EMR, Hadoop, Hive)
• Experience with AWS data management (S3, Redshift, DynamoDB) and related tools (Athena, EMR, Glue)
• Experience collaborating with software engineers and data scientists
• Exposure to the data science workflow, from proof of concept development to operationalizing production models
• Familiar with software build, release, deployment and monitoring tools and practices
• Experience designing and building data warehousing and/or analytics platforms
• Experience working in an agile/scrum environment
• Passionate about machine learning throughout the entire life cycle from ideation and prototypes through development, testing, and delivery
• Collaborative. Works well in a team. Excited to succeed and to help other engineers succeed
• Eager to learn and stretch your boundaries while you learn and leverage new technologies
• Open to new approaches and new ideas
• Can take initiative to independently solve issues
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.