TEKsystems Network Security Engineer in Seattle, Washington
100% Remote | WA, OR, ID, CA, NV | Not open to C2CDescription:
Implements, administers, and/or monitors bank security systems and solutions that encompass perimeter defense, security operations, identity and access management, and incident response. Systems and processes may include, but are not limited to: Firewalls, intrusion detection/prevention systems, content filtering, data loss prevention, vulnerability management, endpoint protection, network access control, security information and event management, identity governance and administration, single sign on, public key infrastructure, privileged account management, security monitoring, data analysis, alert tuning, and incident triage. Day to day tasks entail supporting, maintaining and enhancing technical controls to: prevent, detect, or respond to cybersecurity threats; comply with regulatory standards; or align to industry best practice.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Administer one or more of the following technologies: Firewalls, Intrusion Detection/Prevention System, Proxy, Mail Gateways, Data Loss Prevention, Denial of Service Protection, Network Access Control, Endpoint Protection Suite, Advanced Malware Prevention, Vulnerability Management, Security Information and Event Management, Identity Governance, Single Sign On, Public Key Infrastructure, or Privileged Account Management.
• Monitor security logs and alerts.
• Assist Network Security Engineers with security investigations, evidence collection, and data analysis.
• Prepare technical and executive security reports and metrics.
• Partner with other technology departments to provide secure and reliable services.
• Responsible for adhering to company policies, standards, and guidelines.
• Demonstrates compliance with all bank regulations for assigned job function and applies to designated job responsibilities – knowledge may be gained through coursework and on-the-job training. Keeps up to date on regulation changes.
• Follows all Bank policies and procedures, compliance regulations, and completes all required annual or job-specific training.
• Maintain a working knowledge of Bank's written policies and procedures regarding Bank Secrecy Act, Regulation CC, Regulation E, Bank Security and other regulations as applicable to this job description.
• May be asked to coach, mentor, or train
Firewall, DLP, Network Access Control, Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), Single Sign On, MOnitor, Support
Top Skills Details:
Experience with Zscaler
Experience with Palo Alto firewalls
• Certifications preferred: GSEC, GCIH, CHFI, CCNA, CIAM, Security+, CSA+
• Requires 3-5 years of information technology experience with a focus on security.
• Experience with Client and Server architecture to include Operating Systems, security applications, Active Directory, and deployment methods such as physical and virtual infrastructure, required.
• Experience with Network architecture such as firewalls, IDS/IPS, routers, and switches, required.
• Knowledge of defense in depth, security best practice, security controls, networking concepts, emerging technologies, attack methods, and mitigation techniques, required.
Knowledge of defense in depth, security best practice, security controls, networking concepts, emerging technologies, attack methods, and mitigation techniques, required.
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• Ability to prioritize tasks and work though issues and obstacles with guidance and coaching.
• Ability to work as part of a team.
• Proficient communications skills.
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.