Audi Principal Engineer: ADAS/AD System Development - Driving-S in Santa Clara, California
Principal Engineer: ADAS/AD System Development - Driving-S (Job Number: AUD001497)
"Vorsprung durch Technik" or, "Progress through Technology" is our company ethos and is the core belief that drives the development of every Audi vehicle. It inspires the innovative solutions, revolutionary engineering and progressive design that have become synonymous with the Audi name. And it reminds us to challenge ourselves, rewrite the rules from time to time and always fuel our pioneering spirit. The spirit that sets us apart on the racetrack and the open road. In our relentless pursuit to become the number one premium car brand in America, we need employees who share in this spirit of challenging the status quo in everything that we do.
- This position will guide and lead ADAS/AD team members from technical standpoint.
- The role is to support the engineering development of ADAS/AD feature for series production for ACC / Cruise, LIM / ISA, LDW/LKA, Emergency Assist. The focus is development US specific feature and validation of the same. The responsibility starts with creating scenarios for each feature and generating requirement specification for software development.
- This role will be working closely with other Verification & Validation engineer to support deep dive analysis of measurement data to understand feature performance and root cause analysis. The position also will be responsible testing the ADAS feature in simulation environment.
- This position also needs to coordinate with cross functional team of ADAS/AD team who are located in Germany.
Market specific requirement creation for ADAS/AD Driving-S features (20%)
- Scenario creation for specific feature for US specific infrastructure
- Requirement specification creation and modelling the same in requirement tool.
- Test catalogue creation for feature verification
- Creation of validation strategy to detect corner cases
Ownership of Driving-S features for US market introduction (20%)
- Understanding requirement and design specification of developed features
- Creating test catalogue based on the design document
- Design and perform software in loop testing (regression testing).
- Integrate HW/SW in vehicle environment for integration testing.
- Support deep dive analysis of measurement data to understand feature performance and root cause analysis
- Ensure 100% traceability of the US requirements from the requirements catalog to the test catalog and 100% test coverage in the test concept
- Participation in the development teams of ACC / GRA, LIM / ISA, aLDW, EA (Emergency Assist) in Germany.
- Participation in Commissioning in the proving ground in Neustadt / Ingolstadt // Weissach (Germany) and joint release of the same.
- Promote and ensure the integration of US-specific test requirements into the HIL / SIL setup in Germany
- Participation in test activities for the respective function in Germany
- Learning all the tools for recording measurement data
Leading and guiding ADAS/AD team members from technical standpoint (20%)
- Building technical competence of the team from specification generation to algorithm development for Diving-S functions
- Participate in technical review process
- Technically guide new team members
- Represent ADAS US hub as technical expert to CARIAD/Audi
- Participate in hiring process for evaluating technical expertise
- Foster culture of innovation
Documentation and Project Management (20%)
- All the test cases, result and bug-fixing needs to be managed in internal tracking system as this will be the input for sign-off of the software release in production.
- Also many of the platform feature owners are located in Germany so it needs strong coordination/cooperation with them.
- This position is also responsible for overall management of the software release from planning, tracking and recommendation for sign-off for specific ADAS/AD features
Algorithm and software development for next generation ADAS/AD platform of Driving-S function (20%)
- This individual will be responsible for creating model in MatLab/Simulink and checking the same in simulation environment.
- Once Model is verified this individual will translate the requirement in software (C ++) in Audi specific development, software integration and testing the same in SIL/HIL and vehicle.
- Once current platform is launched this will be one of the main responsibility for next generation platform.
Years of Relevant Experience
- 10+ years of experience with ADAS/AD system engineering
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, computer science or comparable
- Master's or PhD in Engineering, computer science or comparable (desired)
- Effective analytical and conceptual skills to derive adequate solutions for technical problems
- Planning and organization, project management and time management skills
- Ability to solve complex problems
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent communication skills
- Open minded and empathic work style
- Excellent team player
- Comfortable with ambiguity and tackling new problems
- Proven experience with guiding and leading ADAS/AD team from technical standpoint.
- Proven experience with ADAS system (ACC / Cruise, LIM / ISA, LDW/LKA, Emergency Assist) which include Scenario creation, Customer function creation and modelling requirement into engineering design requirement which will be input for SW development.
- Proven experience in generating test catalogue and integration testing in ADAS domain for ACC / Cruise, LIM / ISA, LDW/LKA, Emergency Assist.
- Should be familiar with automotive communication standards (CAN, FlexRay and Ethernet) and their measurement systems
- Strong measurement data analysis skill
- Knowledge on industry development processes like SPICE and Scrum.
- Knowledge of functional safety and SOTIF
- German language skills at expert level (written and spoken)
- Travel to Germany at the start of the project for at least 6 months to acquire know-how for successful project execution in US.
- Knowledge of ADAS/AD features (desired)
- Experience with in-vehicle ADAS/AD feature verification and validation testing (desired)
- Expertise in embedded SW and its implementation in ADAS/AD domain (desired)
- Experience programming in Python and/or C/C++ (desired)
- Experience with working in OEM environment (desired)
- Experience with working in cross-functional environment (desired)
- Knowledge of Simulation environment for ADAS/AD feature testing (desired)
- Knowledge of Vehicle architecture (desired)
- Flexibility to travel (domestic and international)
- Full-time position
Volkswagen Group of America is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome and encourage applicants from all backgrounds, and do not discriminate based on race, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, color, gender identity/expression, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable laws.
Primary Location: United States-California-Santa Clara