Kaiser Permanente Laboratory Assistant II in Santa Clara, California
Under the direction and oversight of the Laboratory Director and Laboratory Manager, or designee, within the scope of Unlicensed Laboratory Personnel as described in B&PC 1269, receives and processes specimens, performs clerical tasks and performs phlebotomy. May operate automated or semi-automated test equipment, or plate and process microbiology specimens under the direct and constant supervision of a licensed person, as authorized by the California lab law.
• Draws blood from patient's finger, heel, or vein, observing principles of asepsis to obtain blood samples.
• Obtains the correct amount and type of specimen.
• Documents all requests and released results of lab work accurately.
• Informs physicians of released lab results.
• Completes appropriate routing, handling, and processing of various medical specimens.
• Orders, distributes and stocks supplies as needed.
• Trains and reports on the work performance of other Laboratory Assistants.
• Perform other related duties as necessary.
• This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Job Grade: 365
• High School Diploma/GED.
• California Certified Phlebotomy Technician (CPT).
• Must be able to perform all Laboratory Assistant I duties.
• Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos
• Ability to write simple correspondence.
• Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
• Must be willing to work in a Labor Management Partnership environment.
• Also, refer to Position Specifications outlined in the appropriate collective bargaining agreement.
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
TITLE: Laboratory Assistant II
LOCATION: Santa Clara, California
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.