CBRE Sr Metrology Technician in San Jose, California
Sr Metrology Technician
Areas of Interest
Foster City - California - United States of America, Fremont - California - United States of America, San Francisco - California - United States of America, San Jose - California - United States of America
Full Spectrum Lab Services from CBRE offers a professional suite of services to a variety of clients in the life sciences industry, including those in pharmaceuticals, biotech, medical devices, and genomics, as well as contract research organizations (CROs) and contract manufacturing organizations (CMOs).
Our comprehensive range of services includes laboratory consulting, real estate services, instrumentation repair and maintenance, full asset management, and more—covering the entire spectrum of life sciences facilities. With expertise across various life sciences categories, CBRE is a leader in managing highly-regulated spaces within the industry.
About the role
This role provides calibration services to a specific set of equipment types, for e.g. pressure calibrators, SPRT calibration, temperature meters, flow standards, Gage blocks, Multi-function calibrators, centrifuges, thermocouples/RTDs, pipettes, freezers, flowmeters, incubators, torque calibrators, light meters, hygrometers, hot wire anemometers, accelerometers, load cells, transmitters torque, autoclaves, scales, pressure gages, analytical balances, spectrophotometers, pH/conductivity, thermal cyclers and TOC analyzers.
What you’ll do
• Calibrates inspections, measurements and tests equipment in laboratory and onsite for accuracy following established calibration procedures; (e.g. Chemical, Electrical, Physical/Dimensional, Light/Color, Mass/Weight, Sound, Electrical, Pressure/Flow, Temperature, Force, Mass, Velocity, Torque & Volume, Time/Frequency equipment, systems and controls). Performs calibrations and adjustments for numerous calibration devices; typically in the temperature, humidity, pressure, physical dimensional, torque, force and electrical disciplines.
• Records data gathered during calibration within CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management System).
• Maintains proper documentation, which includes but is not limited to the metrology database, calibration certificates, equipment history forms, time sheets and automated calibration software.
• Conducts self-study to improve and maintain technical proficiency in calibration theory, methods and equipment.
• Generates certificates of calibration and/or out of tolerance reports as required and in correct media appropriate to meet customer requirements.
• Maintains secondary or intrinsic and/or working calibration standards. Uses calibration software when required to expedite calibration times and to adjust calibration devices.
• Perform post-PM qualifications on equipment before hand-off back to customer.
• Communicates to customers as it relates to the progress of the testing, repair and/or service(s).
• Performs other duties as assigned.
What you’ll need
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required. Associates Degree (AA/AS) in scientific field of study preferred or equivalent related work experience. Minimum of two year of related experience and/or training.
Previous work experience in instrumentation and control, installing, calibrating, maintaining and repairing equipment or related equivalent.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES
Intermediate skills with Desktop publishing, Microsoft Office Suite and Online Help.
Adhere to cGMP or current good manufacturing practices, standard operating methods and legal regulations to ensure technical compliance.
We offer comprehensive benefits such as health, vision and life insurance, 401k, personal time off, among others.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future.
CBRE carefully considers multiple factors to determine compensation, including a candidate’s education, training, and experience. The range for this position is $100,000 to $113,000. The compensation that is offered to a successful candidate will depend on the candidate’s skills, qualification, and experience
CBRE is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We have a long-standing commitment to providing equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, veteran status, political belief, or any other basis protected by applicable law. We also provide reasonable accommodations, as needed, throughout the job application process. If you have a disability that inhibits your ability to apply for a position through our online application process, you may contact us via email at email@example.com or via telephone at +1 866 225 3099 (U.S.) and +1 866 388 4346 (Canada).
NOTE: Some, but not all, of our positions may have an additional requirement to comply with COVID-19 health and safety protocols, including COVID-19 vaccination proof and/or rigorous testing. If you have questions about the requirement(s) for this position, please inform your Recruiter.
CBRE, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer (Women/Minorities/Persons with Disabilities/US Veterans)