CBRE LIS Technician in San Francisco, California
Areas of Interest
Foster City - California - United States of America, Fremont - California - United States of America, San Francisco - California - United States of America, San Jose - California - United States of America
Full Spectrum Lab Services from CBRE offers a professional suite of services to a variety of clients in the life sciences industry, including those in pharmaceuticals, biotech, medical devices, and genomics, as well as contract research organizations (CROs) and contract manufacturing organizations (CMOs).
Our comprehensive range of services includes laboratory consulting, real estate services, instrumentation repair and maintenance, full asset management, and more—covering the entire spectrum of life sciences facilities. With expertise across various life sciences categories, CBRE is a leader in managing highly-regulated spaces within the industry.
We are recruiting LIS Technician to join the team located at one of our client sites; to manage, organize and implement high-quality specialist laboratory support as part of the in-laboratory support function for our key client.
What you’ll do
Ensure the effective and compliant delivery of agreed Full Spectrum Lab Services from CBRE laboratory support services across client site ensuring customer requirements are met and their needs are anticipated at all times; key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Essential duties and responsibilities
• Ensure prompt, flexible, customer focused laboratory tasks provision whilst maintaining compliance with statutory, regulatory and safety standards.
• Reporting to the site leader on team performance, service delivery and handling all client facing queries/requests relating to service level agreement.
• Support general laboratory management in accordance with laboratory area’s task list requests.
• Build-up and maintain client relationships.
• Performs basic to complex repairs and coordinates the removal/replacement of instruments/devices needing overhaul during scheduled maintenance.
• Reinstalls, tests, evaluates, calibrates, and maintains instruments or devices upon completion of repairs.
• Locates part sources, estimates costs and prepares requisitions.
• Coordinates with outside contractors regarding repairs covered by maintenance agreements. Communicates with customer staff and outside contractors in the calibration, repair, and operation of equipment, as necessary.
• Raise instrument performance concerns or breakdown support for resolution to higher level staff or specialty vendors.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
No formal supervisory responsibilities in this position. May provide informal assistance such as technical guidance and/or training to coworkers. May coordinate work and assign tasks.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What you’ll need
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required and a minimum of two years of related experience and/or training. Associates degree in scientific field of study preferred or equivalent related work experience.
• 2+ years’ experience within the Laboratory/Pharmaceutical sector
• One to Five years of experience in instrumentation and control or installing, calibrating, maintaining and repairing equipment or equivalent experience is preferred.
• Very strong analytical skills with proven ability to break down and solve complex problems in a logical and structured approach
• PC literate in Microsoft packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc)
• Strong relationship management and excellent communication/influencing skills
• Ability to work to own initiative but team orientated and able to work with minimal supervision
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Robust and assertive attitude towards achieving results and motivating team members
• Good attention to detail and ability to identify innovative approaches to improve efficiency
Ability to comprehend and interpret instructions, short correspondence, and memos and ask clarifying questions to ensure understanding. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from clients, co-workers, and/or supervisor. Ability to effectively present information to an internal department and/or large groups of employees.
Requires basic knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability to calculate simple figures such as percentages.
Ability to understand and carry out general instructions in standard situations. Ability to solve problems in standard situations. Requires basic analytical skills.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES
Experience with Desktop publishing, Microsoft Office Suite, and Online Help.
Ability to read and work from blueprints, schematic diagrams and specification manuals.
Requires specialist knowledge, training, and experience related to analytical instrumentation to include selected technique groups such as HPLC, GC, Liquid Handling, Automation, Optical Systems, Dissolution, Balance, pH meter, Spectroscopy and Chemistry Analyzers.
Scope of responsibility
Decisions made with general understanding of procedures and company policies to achieve set results and deadlines. Errors in judgment may cause short-term impact to co-workers and supervisor.
We offer comprehensive benefits such as health, vision and life insurance, 401k, personal time off, among others.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future
CBRE carefully considers multiple factors to determine compensation, including a candidate’s education, training, and experience. The range for this position is $90,000 to $106,000. The compensation that is offered to a successful candidate will depend on the candidate’s skills, qualification, and experience
CBRE is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We have a long-standing commitment to providing equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, veteran status, political belief, or any other basis protected by applicable law. We also provide reasonable accommodations, as needed, throughout the job application process. If you have a disability that inhibits your ability to apply for a position through our online application process, you may contact us via email at email@example.com or via telephone at +1 866 225 3099 (U.S.) and +1 866 388 4346 (Canada).
NOTE: Some, but not all, of our positions may have an additional requirement to comply with COVID-19 health and safety protocols, including COVID-19 vaccination proof and/or rigorous testing. If you have questions about the requirement(s) for this position, please inform your Recruiter.
CBRE, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer (Women/Minorities/Persons with Disabilities/US Veterans)