SMG Event Technician in San Francisco, California
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for an Event Technician at the Moscone Center. We'll expect you to lead by example and uplift our staff during busy moments in our fast-paced environment. Ultimately, you will ensure our events run smoothly and customers have pleasant experiences.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Set-up and check full range of Moscone Facility Services products including High Speed Internet Connectivity, wireless networks, private networks, point to point connections, VPNs, telecommunications connections, switches, hubs, cables and telephones.
- Maintain all Moscone Facility Services Network equipment and products are in full working order while onsite under the direction of your immediate supervisor, Customer Service Representative or Engineer.
- Complete all event trouble tickets in a timely professional manner.
- Check in, clean and reconfigure equipment upon completion of the event.
- Represent Moscone Facility Services in a positive, professional manner.
- Other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor, Customer Service Representative or Network Engineer.
- Learn the data service aspects of company products. Install on site and make functional all client level Internet, wired and/or wireless networking needs for permanent and temporary users at facilities and shows. By end of one year know how to install Internet lines, Shared Ethernet lines, develop a good understanding of Layer 1 troubleshooting of temporary networks. Recover equipment at end of show or exhibit. Develop concise communication skills for face-to-face contact with all clients at shows and facilities. By end of year must know color-codes and how to terminate all category 3 cable and above and familiar with fiber optic termination and basic familiarity with company's proprietary software, MDF and IDF operations. Take direction and training from more senior technicians. Demonstrate initiative to develop to higher-level skilled position. Clearly understand directions given and ability to communicate in English. Familiar with and develop basic knowledge of Company proprietary software.
- 100% Timely attendance
- Support all levels of management by handling other assigned duties.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- HS Diploma or equivalent
- 1-2 years working in Tradeshow Conferences.
- 1-2 years IT help desk.
Skills and Abilities
- Clearly communicate in English.
- Ability to read floor plans and schematics.
- Attention to detail required.
- Ability to configure PC/Mac network and wifi connection
Proficiency with operating systems for Mac & PC
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Apply at- https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?c=1152751&d=ExternalCareerSite&r=5000244343106
Recruiter- Kaitlin Barry
Savor at the Moscone Center
747 Howard St.
San Francisco, CA 94103
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact Kaitlin Barry at 415-974-4183
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled