Kendo, a division of LVMH Associate Manager, Global Education Content – Skincare in San Francisco, California
Kendo Holdings, Inc. is a San Francisco-based beauty brand developer and wholesaler owned by LVMH Moët Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, the world’s largest luxury group. A play on the words “can do”, Kendo has become the hub of creativity and next generation beauty product development for global Sephora channels and selective retailers outside of Sephora.
Through original development, collaborations and acquisitions the Kendo stable of brands will always be creative, inspiring and innovative. A dynamic engine of speed, expertise and market-savvy, the Kendo team continues to redefine the beauty industry through great product, great storytelling, great retail and direct-to-consumer partnerships. This shows up in everything we do and in what we stand for:
• ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT: We seek creative ways to get things done • PERSEVERANCE: We are moved by Winston Churchill’s words, ‘never, never, never give up’ • GENEROSITY: The power of giving • STORYTELLING: Creating authentic stories to inspire • QUALITY OBSESSION: Our product quality is a reflection of ourselves • FUN: Work, life, and fun are woven of a single fabric • ADVOCACY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION: We believe in listening with humility and acting with courage. We recognize, seek, and celebrate the power of diversity across the full spectrum of personal identity.
The Kendo house of brands currently includes: Bite Beauty, Fenty Beauty, Fenty Skin, KVD Vegan Beauty, Marc Jacobs Beauty, Ole Henriksen.
As a key member of the Education team at the Kendo Headquarters, the Associate Content Manager helps conceptualize and develop interactive training content, education videos, application techniques and client services for Kendo’s North America and Global training teams. This position supports the Fenty Beauty vision by assisting in the design of global training programs to support Fenty Beauty’s distribution channels (Sephora, Sephora inside JC Penny, international retailers) and KENDO’s North America Field Sales Team. This involves assisting the Senior Manager, Global Education Content with the development and delivery of brand training materials, digital tools and videos focused on artistry, product knowledge and client service to significantly impact education initiatives for Ole Henriksen & Fenty Skin.
• Brand & Product Training Tool Development 1. Assists in the global education content development for Ole Henriksen & Fenty Skin: conducting training needs analyses, leading ideation sessions with KENDO Field Team and retail partners, designing and editing training programs and materials, and researching training methods, technologies and theories of adult learning on an ongoing basis
• Digital Training & Video Creation 2. Supports the creation of brand and product training materials, digital tools, technology-based trainings and videos focused on artistry, product knowledge and client service
• Project Management & Logistics 3. Manages logistical operations with print/collateral vendors for Ole Henriksen & Fenty Skin education initiatives from start to finish, including but not limited to: tracking, timeline management, deliverables and file handoff 4. Oversees Ole Henriksen & Fenty Skin product launch calendar to ensure that training assets are distributed to the field team and tracks all logistics and that all communication is timely and accurate 5. Assists with timeline management and content creation for the digital training and asset delivery program: Learning Management Systems (LMS) 6. Maintains creative and active problem-solving mindset to drive on time and quality delivery for all projects
• Global Education Adaptation 7. Works closely with Global Education team to ensure on-time deployment of all content, tools, videos and playbooks to International partners 8. Manages creation and deployment of global content playbook on a quarterly basis 9. Leverages global market feedback to better understand needs of domestic and international retail partners, ensure that market-specific and cultural needs are met within programs, enhance program design and creation of customized training formats and tools
• Sephora Partnership & Competitive Analysis 10. Meets with Sephora teams on a regular basis to assess further opportunities for growth and brand exposure 11. Visit stores regularly to stay connected to project and programming execution and how they live in store 12. Stay connected to other industry skincare trends/philosophies within the retail and beauty space and proactively keeps up to date on artistry trends of the moment
• 3+ years of corporate Beauty/Retail education experience is required • Minimum of 2+ artistry, cosmetics, skincare experience & ingredient knowledge preferred • Experience with Learning Management Systems and Instructional Design • Superior writing, editing, organizational and interpersonal skills • Proficient computer skills— Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) • Experience with, and full understanding of, the Sephora concept is preferred • Ability to work in fast-paced, often-changing environment • High-level attention to detail and accuracy in execution of work and tasks • Exceptional interpersonal, verbal, written and communication skills • Ability to travel up to 20% (domestic and international)