Robert Half Staff Accountant in Salem, Oregon
Do you have the ability to read and analyze financial reports and a strong understanding of US tax regulations? Robert Half is seeking Staff Accountants in the Salem area to round out the financial team for our clients.
Staff Accountants prepare and analyze a company’s financial records. The Staff Accountant will compile financial statements, review data, and ensure financial compliance. Staff Accountants are responsible for executing a variety of financial procedures, including month-end and year-end closings, accounts payable and receivable, tax returns, bank reconciliations, general ledger entries, forecasting and budgeting. Staff Accountants also analyze corporate financial operations to ensure the business is running efficiently.
· Review financial statements for accuracy and legal compliance
· Prepare and file tax returns
· Enter accounting related information into business logs
· Inspect account books for efficiency and accuracy
· Organize and update financial records
· Recommend ways to reduce costs and enhance revenue
· Perform monthly bank settlements
· Prepare documentation for external auditors
· Degree in accounting or finance preferred
· 2+ years' experience in accounting or a related field
· Strong mathematical and analytical skills
· Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
· Proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
· Ability to read and analyze financial reports
· Strong understanding of US tax regulations
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.3195. Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.