Aston Carter Project Accountant in Saint Louis, Missouri
Contract to Hire
As part of the Design Group financial team, the Project Accountant will provide project finance support, oversight and analysis focused specifically with supporting the local offices and region.
• Ensuring appropriate project set-up according to Finance guidelines.
• Reviewing Project Manager project forecasts and entering the finalized version into EMS, ensuring that project revenues and margins are accurately reflected in the system.
• Reviewing and analyzing project forecast variances.
• Preparing and reviewing client invoices and issuing them accurately & timely according to the client agreement to ensure positive project cash flow.
• Working with the client, project team, and A/R to ensure timely collection on invoices.
• Analyzing project risks & proactively identifying profitability opportunities.
• Issuing purchase orders, verifying the financial terms, budget, and verbiage.
• Tracking project labor & expenses, and updating the project team on any variations from the budget.
• Auditing and tracking T&E to ensure compliance with time & expense policies.
• Adhering to and ensuring compliance with specific client agreements, billing policies, internal financial policies, and other firm policies.
• Provide on-going communication to the project teams and Finance regarding all significant client/project financial matters. Including the participation in monthly project review meetings with Finance leadership.
• Provide financial support to the Finance leadership during month-end close.
• Provide financial support on new and active proposals and ensure proposal system is updated with the latest information.
• Provide financial training support to the local offices and help ensure they are educated on and following the established financial processes and policies.
• Work as part of the Design Group Finance team to improve financial processes and communications across the firm.
General ledger, Accounting, Project accounting
Top Skills Details:
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
Bachelors in Accounting, Finance or BA
Minimum 6months accounting experience
Advanced Excel - Pivot tables, VLOOKUPS, macros a plus
Manufacturing experience a plus
About Aston Carter:
Please Note: Scammers are posing as Aston Carter. We'll never contact you via Gmail, Telegram, or WhatsApp and we'll never solicit money from you.
At Aston Carter, we’re dedicated to expanding career opportunities for the skilled professionals who power our business. Our success is driven by the talented, motivated people who join our team across a range of positions – from recruiting, sales and delivery to corporate roles. As part of our team, employees have the opportunity for long-term career success, where hard work is rewarded and the potential for growth is limitless.
Established in 1997, Aston Carter is a leading staffing and consulting firm, providing high-caliber talent and premium services to more than 7,000 companies across North America. Spanning four continents and more than 200 offices, we extend our clients’ capabilities by seeking solvers and delivering solutions to address today’s workforce challenges. For organizations looking for innovative solutions shaped by critical-thinking professionals, visit AstonCarter.com. Aston Carter is a company within Allegis Group, a global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email email@example.com (%firstname.lastname@example.org) for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.