Actalent QC Technician in Saint Joseph, Missouri
QUALITY TECHNICIAN - URGENT HIRE - Pays Up To $21/hr
• Under direct supervision, perform a variety of routine laboratory tests or other laboratory work to help provide top quality and safe products that meet customer requirements and specifications.
• Assist plant operations personnel with quality and processing questions.
• Test, monitor, and document accurately the quality results and processing data for products produced.
• Audit, verify and follow up process controls such as weight checks, batch sheets, HACCP, PCs, plant inspections, receiving, etc.
• Support process variations as they relate to formula adjustments to satisfy customer requirements.
• Maintain a high and effective level of communication with all operating departments.
• Assist with training of QA Technician I personnel.
• Operate, calibrate, and maintain lab equipment.
• Assure that all sanitation and housekeeping practices are being followed according to expectations, and responsible for following all food safety policies, procedures and regulatory criteria including the current SQF code, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), and the Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) and associated preventive controls.
Quality assurance, Chemistry, food manufacturing, laboratory, audit, haccp
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• Regularly requires intermittent sitting, standing, walking, climbing, squatting, kneeling, pushing, and pulling.
• Physical strength and dexterity sufficient to perform the required task(s). Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds or more with assistance.
• In addition to normal business hours, work schedules may include after hours and weekends as needed.
• May work outside and in adverse temperatures which include extreme hot, cold, and humidity.
• May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals and vibration.
• Must be willing and able to wear personal protective equipment as required by established Company Safety standards.
• May require work in confined and dark spaces, and at heights in excess of 18 feet for prolonged periods of time.
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.