Airgas Usa LLC Safety Sales Specialist in Roseville, Minnesota
Are you ready to be part of a passionate and hard-working team eager to drive our business forward?
*Airgas USA, LLC is hiring a Safety Sales Specialist based in Minneapolis, MN! *
The Safety Sales Specialist drives and supports the sale of safety products serving as a subject matter expert to both internal and external customers. The Sales Specialist is directly responsible for developing and executing regional company specific safety product marketing and sales growth plans through direct sales and collaboration with internal sales partners.This person will cover Minnesota, Western Wisconsin & North Dakota.
Safety Sales Specialist Responsibilities:
- Responsible for increasing sales and profit margins by presenting the company’s various safety products to new prospects and existing customers by both explaining & demonstrating Airgas’ products and services further emphasizing the benefits matched to customer need.
- Develops and implements customer specific training and marketing plans by studying the type of safety product/equipment and volume used by customers/prospects depending on industry or trade factor. Recommends products and services by evaluating sales results, competitive developments, and discussions with vendors.
- Acts as a resource for other Airgas sales professionals in developing and maintaining safety product sales within their customer base by providing product and industry training, making customer presentations and recommendations.
- Monitors competition by establishing a process for gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, merchandising techniques, market trends, etc.
- Keeps management informed by maintaining and submitting activity and results reports (daily call reports, weekly work plans, and monthly and annual territory analyses) as required.
- Utilizes all necessary sales and marketing literature to promote the Airgas initiative.
- Maintains and upgrades selling skills and technical/product knowledge through required training and self-directed research and learning.
- Other projects/duties as assigned.
Successful candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Occupational Safety & Heath or related field. In lieu of degree, consideration for up to 4 years of additional sales or safety product knowledge specific experience may be considered.
- 3 years of prior outside sales experience and/or equivalent years of safety product knowledge and application expertise, preferably within the industrial and safety field. Qualified Safety Sales Professional (QSPP) certification preferred.
- Demonstrated relationship management & consultative selling aptitude with the ability to problem-solve and devise solutions for the customer.
- Ability to target accounts and achieve results through an action plan.
- Ability to build effective relationships with all levels and roles both within Airgas and outside the organization.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills with a thorough understanding of financial accounting terms and principals including margin, profit, cost, and rate of return.
- Strong computer skill to include proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel) as well as a working knowledge of SAP and Google Suite.
- Reliable transportation, current driver’s license, minimum liability insurance as required by state of vehicle registration.
- Frequent regional travel (up to 60% of work time); minimal overnight travel
We take care of you:
Airgas offers a full benefits package that includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Assistance and much more!
Who we are:
Airgas, an Air Liquide company, is the leading U.S. supplier of industrial, medical and specialty gases, as well as hardgoods and related products; one of the largest U.S. suppliers of safety products; and a leading U.S. supplier of ammonia products and process chemicals.
Dedicated to improving the performance of its more than one million customers, Airgas safely and reliably provides products, services and expertise through its more than 18,000 associates, over 1,100 locations, robust e-Business platform, and Airgas Total Access® telesales channel. As an Air Liquide company, the world leader in gases, technology and services for Industry and Health, Airgas offers customers an unrivaled global footprint and industry-leading technology and innovations.
Check out what a career at Airgas can offer you!* *
What do our Team Members have to say about being part of the team?
“Great place to work with great growth potential” - Director, Atlanta
“Opportunity to advance and a great safety program” - Driver, Cheshire
“Fun people to work with and flexible management” - Sales Specialist
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
Title: Safety Sales Specialist
Requisition ID: 31586