US Foods Sr. Director Digital Innovation and Strategy (Remote) in Rosemont, Illinois
ARE YOU A CURRENT US FOODS EMPLOYEE? PLEASE APPLY DIRECTLY THROUGH OUR INTERNAL WORKDAY CAREER SITE.
Join Our Community of Food People!
At US Foods®, innovation and technology is our superpower. US Foods digital platform is on a track to transact $20b+ worth of order volume in 2022. However, we want to raise our game as part of our Digital First strategy. By expanding our digital ecosystem and leading with a customer-first mindset, we’re delivering technology that empowers our customers and simplifies business. As we transform the digital landscape. To achieve this we will be investing in innovation research, ideation and exploring new technologies.
We believe diversity is the cornerstone of creativity and innovation—and we foster an open, inclusive, flexible work environment that supports our transformation.
Join us as we transform our Digital Commerce technology capabilities to meet the digital needs of our Fortune 100 food service company.
As the leader of the Digital Innovation and Strategy team, you will be responsible for a team of cutting-edge technologists, where the mission is to explore/experiment with disruptive technologies, introduce new business models, and pilot new ideas and concepts. Once experimental pilots have proven successful, the concepts are transitioned to product teams for full realization. You will be an advisor to the VP, Digital Commerce Technology providing thought leadership, problem-solving, and oversight of both major initiatives within the portfolio and team effectiveness.
You are someone that demonstrates the ability to inspire, mentor, and influence your teams while creating a culture of trust and individual autonomy. You are creative and able to proactively identify, incubate and accelerate new technology opportunities enabled by digital technologies, that achieve the business goals and stated outcomes. You will play a key role in enabling the next horizon US Foods digital journey.
You will work hand-in-hand with digital commerce leadership in assessing new emerging technology and ensure achievement of business outcomes and results through technology innovation.
You are both an innovative technologist and a motivating coach of talent with a relentless drive to innovate to achieve the goals of the Digital Commerce organization.
Flexible Work Policy: The work for the Sr Director Digital Transformation position is completed 100% remotely anywhere in the United States except Hawaii or United States Territories. This position may have the potential to travel up to 20% dependent on business needs.
• One of the technical thought leaders of the Digital Commerce organization
• Gain deep understanding of the top ranked initiatives within the portfolio including committed value, key milestones, and interdependencies to allow appropriate inspection of risks and red flags requiring further leadership engagement
• Drive delivery of Digital Commerce Technology leadership commitments, remove obstacles and highlight areas for accountability
• Support organization evolution from a project-based to a product-based structure including advising on gaps and opportunities including:
• Filling open positions - Monitor weekly recruiting efforts and measure successful hiring velocity
• Establish a Second to-none high-performing innovation team to enable the US Foods Digital First Strategy, this includes hire, inspire, and influence the industry leading technologists
• Initiate and drive new digital technology innovation projects from concept / idea generation to be ready to handoff to a product team for realization. This is done in close collaboration with Digital Commerce IT stakeholders and business partners
• Collaborate with digital business functions as well as with relevant commercial and software engineering teams to identify and choose concepts/ideas to explore and experiment with.
• Secure hand-over and diffusion of the innovation results for productization at scale and knowledge transfer
• Create individual and team goals, as well as individual development plans
• The above statement of duties is not intended to be all inclusive and other duties will be assigned as needed.
• Leads a team of more than 5 employees and at times more than 5 contractors.
• Internal: CIDO, SLT, and direct reports within the IT function. SLT and direct reports outside of IT.
External: Will engage with key software and hardware vendors in support of on-going relationships and negotiations for new purchases and renewals.
• Normal office environment, when in person; otherwise, home office. Must be willing and able to travel at least 20% of the time overnight
• Proven track record on leading software/technology innovation teams.
• Must possess 10 years’ experience with at least 3 years reporting to an executive leader, 3 years managing project(s) or complex portfolios, and 3 years implementing technology projects
• Preferred: Consulting experience
• Experience with AWS or other public cloud providers
Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, required.
Master’s degree desirable.
Certifications in web-based technologies and project management a plus.
• Significant experience (2-3 years or more at a minimum) or training in the Agile development process; and product centric delivery models.
• Familiarity with DevOps culture and experience with DevOps enablement
• Agile tools such as JIRA, Bamboo and Confluence
• Influence/Communication Skills: strong executive presence and outstanding communication skills, to build credibility and authority in working with senior leaders; influences up, down and across
• Strategic Thinker: Brings creative approaches to risk diagnosis and mitigation; active learner able to quickly understand relevant issues / risks associated with initiatives of all types
• Business Acumen: understands business strategy, operating models and financials to support company initiatives
• Cross-Functional Collaboration: demonstrates strong cross-functional relationship building to align on actions required, share resources, and accomplish company goals
• Project Management: Advanced project management skills with experience in organizing, planning, and executing multiple medium to large scale projects and programs from definition through implementation.
• Understanding of agile methods and frameworks (e.g., Scaled Agile), product oriented IT operating models, and their implications on program and project governance
• Experience managing multi-phase, multi-track projects spanning 9 to 24 months in duration. Comprehensive knowledge of full lifecycle project management, software development, package implementations, infrastructure deployment methodologies, IT transformation projects and industry best practices
• Outstanding verbal/written communication, collaboration, presentation and negotiation skills to lead an environment driven by customer service and teamwork. Ability to foster the development of high-performance teams. Capable of building strong professional relationships with ability to influence all levels across the organization. Must be able to set and execute strategic initiatives for team. Creative thinker with ability to identify innovative business solutions. Ability to develop strategic organization and resource plans, defining next generation business and leadership needs
• Analytical Skills: ability to collect, report and synthesize meaningful data from disparate sources to monitor progress, flag issues and evaluate initiative effectiveness
The following information is provided in accordance with certain state and local laws. Compensation depends on experience, geographic locations, and other factors permitted by law. In Colorado, the expected compensation for this role is between $130,100 and $200,700. In New York City, the expected compensation for this role is between $154,700 and $220,800. In California, the expected compensation for this role is between $147,000 and $210,000. In Washington, the expected compensation for this role is between $147,000 and $210,000. This role is also eligible for annual incentive plan bonus. Benefits for this role include health insurance, pre-tax spending accounts, retirement benefits, paid time off, short-term and long-term disability, employee stock purchase plan, and life insurance. To review available benefits, please click here: https://www.usfoods.com/careers/benefits.html .
EOE* Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status*
US Foods is one of America’s great food companies and a leading foodservice distributor, partnering with approximately 300,000 restaurants and foodservice operators to help their businesses succeed. With 28,000 employees and more than 70 locations, US Foods provides its customers with a broad and innovative food offering and a comprehensive suite of e-commerce, technology and business solutions. US Foods is headquartered in Rosemont, Ill., and generates more than $28 billion in annual revenue. Visit www.usfoods.com to learn more.
US Foods may collect personal information from you in connection with the application process. US Foods complies with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, and its policy may be found here (https://www.usfoods.com/content/dam/usf/pdf/Policies/HR/USF_CCPA_policy.pdf) .
US Foods, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
EEO is the Law poster is available here (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) .
EEO is the Law poster supplement is available here (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf) .
Pay Transparency policy statement is available here (https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf) .
US Foods is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the interview process or to perform essential job functions, please contact our US Foods Application Accommodation Line at 866-960-5886. You will be prompted to leave a message. Please state the specifics of the assistance needed and your contact information. A member of our HR department will return your call within two business days.