Robert Half IT Support Specialist in Rockville, Maryland
Robert Half is seeking a IT support Specialist for a Contract to Hire opportunity. This is a full time, 40 hour a week contract with a client in Rockville, MD. This is an on-site, 5 days a week opportunity.
• Responsible for providing technical assistance and support related to the firm computer systems, hardware, software, and remote access.
• Diagnose system hardware, software, and operator problems.
• Provide advanced troubleshooting on complicated IT issues.
• Provide support for software applications.
• Have an understanding and working knowledge of support applications such as Intune, WDS and SCCM.
• Thoroughly document support requests using the helpdesk ticketing system.
• Identify root cause and implement continuous improvements to reduce repeat experiences.
• Ability to create user documentation and knowledge base articles.
• Provide ad hoc user training as required to help end users effectively utilize the company systems and applications.
• Provide A/V Support for meetings and conference rooms.
• Assist the IT Director with the inventory management of desktops, laptops, printers, and other hardware assets.
• Participate in weekly on-call rotation providing initial assessment and response on all incoming after-hours request.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• 2+ years experience in technical support of PC, networks, and servers.
• CompTIA A+, Network+ and ITIL certifications are a big plus.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and/or area equivalent work experience. (Required)
• Excellent working knowledge of personal computer and peripherals.
• Working knowledge of Windows 10 and Windows 2016/2019 Server.
• Experience with O365 administration preferred.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
• Excellent client service, interpersonal and communication skills
• Self-starter able to handle multiple tasks and deadlines with minimal supervision.
Technology Doesn't Change the World, People Do.®
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.4429. Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.