Aston Carter Accounting Manager in Rockford, Illinois
A manufacturing company in Rockford is seeking an Accounting Manager to join their team on a permeant basis.
The Accounting Manager is principally responsible for supporting financial processes by collecting, analyzing, investigating and reporting financial data. Responsible for building and maintaining professional relationships with Customers, Group Vice Presidents, Territory Sales Managers, and Store Managers.
RESPONSIBILITIES (including but not limited to):
• Manage the accuracy and productivity of day‐to‐day financial activities
• Inventory reconciliation
• Accounts receivable reconciliation
• Fixed asset maintenance
• Support the production of monthly financial reporting
• Analysis and investigation of monthly store results
• Assist with yearly budgeting
• Management of accounting operations
• Ensure compliance with state and federal regulatory requirements
• Support extended Finance team and other functional areas as required/requested by VP of Finance
• Firm grasp of generally accepted accounting principles and procedures and of internal accounting systems.
• Solid understanding of basic financial reporting and financial consolidations.
• Develop, maintain and foster partnerships with individuals both inside and outside of the company using excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
• Must be comfortable performing day to day tasks requiring accuracy and timeliness.
• Must have a working knowledge of major software: Windows, Outlook, Word and Excel
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
• 5+ years accounting experience
• 3 – 5 years supervising a team
About Aston Carter:
Please Note: Scammers are posing as Aston Carter. We'll never contact you via Gmail, Telegram, or WhatsApp and we'll never solicit money from you.
At Aston Carter, we’re dedicated to expanding career opportunities for the skilled professionals who power our business. Our success is driven by the talented, motivated people who join our team across a range of positions – from recruiting, sales and delivery to corporate roles. As part of our team, employees have the opportunity for long-term career success, where hard work is rewarded and the potential for growth is limitless.
Established in 1997, Aston Carter is a leading staffing and consulting firm, providing high-caliber talent and premium services to more than 7,000 companies across North America. Spanning four continents and more than 200 offices, we extend our clients’ capabilities by seeking solvers and delivering solutions to address today’s workforce challenges. For organizations looking for innovative solutions shaped by critical-thinking professionals, visit AstonCarter.com. Aston Carter is a company within Allegis Group, a global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email firstname.lastname@example.org (%email@example.com) for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.