SMG Concierge/Elevator Operator in Richmond, Virginia
POSITION: Theater Concierge/Elevator Operator
DEPARTMENT: Front of House Operations
REPORTS TO: Theater/House Manager
FLSA STATUS: Part Time Hourly/Non-Exempt
The Theater Concierge/Elevator Operator will provide a warm and exceptional specialized service by providing outstanding customer service to our theater patrons. This position will share time between Altria Theater and Dominion Arts Center.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop relationships with patrons to improve their theater going experience and exceed their expectations
- Address, follow-through and resolve patron concerns
- Anticipate the patrons need and get them excited about current and future theater productions
- Warmly welcome patrons to the theater(s) and direct them to the right information and/or resource
- Provide patrons with a wealth of knowledge relevant to the theater and the community
- Research topics relevant to the theater(s) and the city of Richmond
- Escort patrons to the proper floor and assist with directions inside the venue
- Be ready to stand in as Usher when called upon
- SMG provides a dynamic working environment in which duties and responsibilities may change; therefore employees are expected to be flexible and responsive to changes in the scope of their duties
- Must be Customer Service Oriented! This position is on the front lines of our theaters' relationship with its patrons
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Must be able to effectively and calmly deal with a multitude of patron issues while maintaining SMG policies
- Must be a Master of Conversation: be able to converse with anyone in every situation in a non-threatening, respectful manner; listen carefully to what others are saying and intend to say
- Must have a passion for theater
- Must love helping people
- Possess an intellectual curiosity and a desire to learn about the theater and the community surrounding it
- Radiate compassion, excitement and charisma
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma or equivalent
Experience meeting and helping people
Demonstrated ability to work effectively with the public
Candidates MUST be able to pass a background check
- Ability to read and write printed words and numbers in printed form
- Stand and or sit for an extended period of time
- Hearing sufficient to clearly hear voices, alarms, bells and horns.
- Ability to walk safely and climb stairs.
- Lift up to 10 lbs on an irregular basis.
HOURS OF WORK AND TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
This position is seasonal, part-time, on call work. There is no travel inherent to this position; however, hours may be assigned to either theater within 5 miles of each other. Most hours will be nights and weekends during theater events.
NOTE: Critical features of this job are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel so classified. Management reserves the right to revise or amend duties at any times.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled