SMG Food & Beverage Operations Manager in Reno, Nevada
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for Food & Beverage Operations Manager for Reno-Sparks Convention Center, located in Reno, NV. This position oversees, directs and coordinates the entire food and beverage operation at the facility by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees food and beverage operations during events to ensure client and customer satisfaction.
- Develops event work plans including scheduling and ordering of products and assigns appropriate duties to subordinates.
- Maintaining labor costs and budget goals.
- Maintain and implement Point of Sale system procedures relating to purchasing, product movement and inventory; assure that system is being used to its capacity.
- Assists Director with monthly sales projections and annual budget process.
- Implement cost and inventory controls and direct day to day operations activities to maximize efficiency and profitability.
- Ensure that all standards for safety and sanitation are maintained.
- Reviews food and beverage purchases and schedules submitted by each department to determine sufficient product and staffing levels are met.
- Inspects food service facilities to ensure that equipment and buildings meet requirements of state and local health laws and internal regulations.
- Ensures that points of sale for each event are maximized to achieve budgeted sales goals.
- Inspects and tastes prepared foods to maintain quality control standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Oversees supervision of all hourly staff.
- Helps to develop and implement
Daily contact with the Food & Beverage Director, Concessions Manager, Catering Sales Manager, Executive Chef and other employees.
This position requires minimal stooping and lifting. Substantial walking and manual dexterity to operate office equipment such as a computer is required.
Works throughout the building. Subject to wet floors, temperature extremes and excessive noise; must be able to lift up to 50 pounds in weight.
- At least five years of management experience in a food and beverage facility servicing concessions, catering and special events.
- Advanced oral and written communication skills.
- Strong orientation to customer service and ability to work with other staff members in the facility.
- Results oriented individual with the ability to meet required budgetary goals.
- Excellent organizational, planning, communication, and inter-personal skills.
- Ability to undertake and complete multiple tasks.
- Computer skills to include Microsoft Office programs.
- Serve-safe certified
- Attention to detail and service oriented.
This job description portrays in general terms the type and level(s) of work performed and is not intended to be all-inclusive or to represent specific duties of any one incumbent. The knowledge, skills and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience, or on-the-job training. The company reserves the rights to modify, supplement, delete, or augment the duties and responsibilities specified in the position description, in the company's sole and absolute discretion. Duties other than those expressly specified may be assigned from time to time.
Ariel Popa SMG-Corporate 300 Conshohocken State Road, Suite 450 West Conshohocken, PA 19428
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact 610-729-1074.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled