Airgas Usa LLC Engineer I in Radnor, Pennsylvania
An exciting opportunity awaits you. Airgas, an Air Liquide company, the nation's leading single-source supplier of gases, welding and safety products is seeking aControl Systems Program / Project Manager.
- Lead AMG’s Control Systems Refresh Program to replace, upgrade or update the plant controls systems across Airgas Merchant Gases’ 70 plus plant sites and over 140 production units. These facilities include Cryogenic ASUs, VSAs, Liquid CO2 plants, Hydrogen Liquefiers and H2 SMRs across the United States. Program leadership includes updating the strategy and approach annually, managing the multi-year program from the perspective of prioritization, scope, cost estimation and schedule alignment with other plant activities, customer outages, other programs requiring controls changes and reaching agreement on the program plan with the AMG Primary Production Leadership team.
- Interface with AMG Projects team to manage the controls sub-projects for small and large capital projects.
- Manage the program and supporting projects to implement operations technology network and control systems security improvements.
- Manage controls system replacement, upgrade and update projects including managing scope, documentation for bidding projects, schedule, costs, contractor bid and work management, people management, documentation updates and project closeout.
- Coordinate and integrate controls project work with other capital project work and site turnaround work occurring at the same time.
- Plan and deliver sub-projects to implement controls systems modifications to comply with global process, Air Liquide Group Standards, equipment and safety standards.
- Plan and deliver projects to implement alarm and trip management programs.
- Plan and implement advanced process controls system and regulatory control changes for efficiency improvement projects and autostart for ASU, CO2, HYCO plants and trailer filling systems.
- Ensure all management of change, PHA and other required processes are followed for projects.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Commitment to safety
- Excellent team player
- Degree in Chemical, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering with 5 or more years of experience in project management and process controls Project Management Professional certification is preferred.
- Ability to manage multiple project programs across multiple sites
- Experience with project scheduling software, project cost budgeting and tracking,
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, especially in regards to communicating effectively when interfacing with others in areas such as Operations, Supply chain management, reliability, IT, instrument and electrical staff, safety and other functions.
- Familiarity with multiple vendors control systems including HMI/PLC, DCS, control panels, field instrumentation and actuators or demonstrated ability to quickly develop knowledge and understanding of new controls systems technology
- Demonstrated experience with field management of electrical and instrumentation contractors. Good problem-solving skills in the field is a plus.
- Ability to quickly learn new processes and technologies
- Familiarity with cryogenic air separation, carbon dioxide and hydrogen processes would be a plus.
- Position requires up to 25-50% travel
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
Job: *Engineering Services
Title: Engineer I
Requisition ID: 30558